For The PHISH fans here.

Re: For The PHISH fans here.

Postby Crazy 9.5 Fingers » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:14 am

Another chapter in this thread. And Happy New Year people, hope it's a great one for all of you.

So I hit two of the Miami Phish shows. Since Mrs. Crazy 9.5 nor I couldn't really lock down a solid babysitting option for the NYE show, I parlayed it into going with some friends to the middle two shows instead. The show on the 30th was immediately put into my top 5 shows of all time which includes a veritable shitload of shows since 92.

I could go on and on but I really just wanted to mention to the guitar players here that Trey is just flat out playing the best guitar of his career. Fewer notes, tastier notes and bends, better story telling, great energy, and just more of that bag that only Trey has. Have to say it's been pretty awesome watching his evolution over the years. Not to mention, the dude has quite possibly the best tone out there these days. Hasn't he always though? As far as the rig goes, looks like he is back on just the Boogie. Anyway, next time they come your way, they shouldn't be missed.
There are only two mantras. Yum and yuk. Mine's yum.
Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Postby pharewellphish » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:57 pm

yea summer was ok/good and fall and this nye run were amazing. some of my favorite shows ever. i really thought they were gunna shoot fish out of that cannon thursday night
pharewellphish
Brent
Brent

Postby mttourpro » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:37 pm

Pete B. wrote:How about this for a crossover tribute band name?...

"The Dead Phish"

Someone stole your idea.....

http://outside.in/five-points-denver-co ... 0Orchestra
http://www.thecausejams.com

let your life proceed by its own design....
mttourpro

Postby squire758 » Thu May 27, 2010 10:13 am

sorry i havent posted in forever. i was at the detroit show nov, 18 09 and it was just mind blowing. i agree with everyone who said their sound quality was great. it really did sound like a high def stereo system. the standard is set. will there be a successor to phish? the way some people feel about their taking the torch from the dead??
squire758
Jester
Jester

Postby tigerstrat » Thu May 27, 2010 1:38 pm

squire758 wrote:the standard is set. will there be a successor to phish? the way some people feel about their taking the torch from the dead??

It seems clear that the successor to Phish is...Phish.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby squire758 » Thu May 27, 2010 1:48 pm

indeed they are back but there are so many musicians these days deeply inspired by phish and ive been to many local shows where people(including myself regularly doing covers such as stash, lifeboy,etc) trying to capture that sound. one of them is bound to make it and start this thing all over again
squire758
Jester
Jester

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Thu May 27, 2010 2:02 pm

I'm sure someone will come along eventually, in fact I really hope so. So far none of the other jambands are on that GD/Phish level to me, where I never ever get tired of them. We're about due, actually.... GD lasted from 1965-1995, Phish is from 1984-present.

Imagine that? Phish is at the equivalent of 1991 in Dead years, and they're still coming out with tunes like Time Turns Elastic.
Rusty the Scoob

Postby squire758 » Thu May 27, 2010 2:26 pm

id say the only concert ive been to that somewhat came close to gd/ph would be widespread panic, i loved their show it was really great although i would respectfully point out that at some points it seemed that content was sacrificed to exhibit amazing fingerwork ability by Herring
squire758
Jester
Jester

Previous

Return to The Think Tank