Modifying an Alembic

Re: Modifying an Alembic

Postby jdsmodulus » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:02 pm

Rusty the Scoob wrote:http://alembic.stores.yahoo.net/tshirts.html

Scoob that is awesome! I was really kidding, I just ordered 2! :lol: :lol: :lol:
jdsmodulus

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:28 pm

:lol: I keep almost buying one but can never quite bring myself to spend $28 on a T-shirt that isn't tye-died.

But I probably owe them at least $28 for all the ideas I stole when I built my bass. :thewave:
Rusty the Scoob

Postby NashvilleMike » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:57 pm

Do they toss one of those shirts in the case when you lay down the 10G?
It all rolls into one and nothing comes for free
There's nothing you can hold for very long
And when you hear that song come crying like the wind
It seems like all this life was just a dream
NashvilleMike
One More Saturday Night
One More Saturday Night

Postby petcat » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:13 pm

I have a Further, and it does have many, many sweet tones, and it's a damn excellent axe and I raided the 401k to get it and am still paying for it. Get one.

I have thought about how one could mod it and all the reasons why I won't and shouldn't and want to as much as the guitar ROCKS. I've struggled with how much the passive electronics of my other guitars work better with the effects chain in many cases and the different possibilities and that I cannot achieve the kind of pickup response I'd like overall and that I'd like to swap out those clean-as-hell Alembic pickups which sound AWESOME plugged in directly to a soundboard and overall but don't completely deliver the Kind when plugged in to the effects chain and the Twin and the Mac.

Buy any of the other luthiers guitars and add the Dimarzios and screw in a midi pickup and make that your total custom Garcia guitar and play and love IT like that and keep the Alembic as-is. Have your heirs sell it on the Alembic forum or bury you with it when you head for your Serenity Knolls.

Come down to DC and I'll show you.
petcat
tiger
tiger

Previous

Return to Guitar Building and Mods