Waldo's buffer and my Tiger

Re: Waldo's buffer and my Tiger

Postby Counterstriker » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:32 pm

Yea hah, I'm not close to being done.. I haven't even got the neck yet : P. But the way I'm building is I'm cutting the chambers out now so when i put the veneer down There's not that much cutting left to do. 8)

But yes I am about to order all my pieces from Jack of Roses.
Counterstriker

Postby tigerstrat » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:00 am

Here's Fire On The Mountain from the same show, for some Mu-centric observation of the buffer. Yes I totally whiff on the ending Heart of Gold Jam lick! Don't watch that part...

"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby keirweir » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:44 pm

Those are some tasty jams. I really like the Bobby player in there. I am putting the Waldo buffer in my Resurrection. I am actually going to talk to Pat about shipping it to Waldo and having it do correctly the first time.

Good playing man!
keirweir

Postby dleonard » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:12 pm

wow dude that band looks like alot of fun...Great stuff!
dleonard
Bear
Bear

Postby aiq » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:18 pm

hey playingdead, do you know SC (Headlights) in FL?
aiq
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby playingdead » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:53 am

aiq wrote:hey playingdead, do you know SC (Headlights) in FL?

Steve Connelly? I know of him, but only peripherally, he started working with the guys in UJB down there in Tampa after I left the band a decade ago; he also has worked with my friend Rich Whitely on some of his original music. Great player.
playingdead

Postby aiq » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:06 pm

Cool, SC and I started playing together in the mid 60s when we were in jr high thru a couple of semi pro/ pro bands the last one breaking up around 75. We did about 30 -40 % Dead material in that band...same time the Outlaws were breaking out. They were the Southern rock, us the Deadhead band around Tampa at that time.

I moved to Jersey '76 played in several hippie country bands before stopping full time playing about '83.

I was visiting him in the late '80s and he told me about some new Deadhead bands in central FLA including UJB. When I saw your connection to UJB on the playing dead site, I had to ask.

Small world...

We (Steven, myself and at least 2 other original members of the afore mentioned band are trying to organise a reunion next summer in Pinellas County. A little recording and a gig somewhere. Looks like its gonna happen (fingers crossed). You can be sure ther will be a nice GD chain in the set.

all the best.
aiq
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby aiq » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:02 am

hey playingdead,

we did the reunion, ending up doing it the Americana Fest at Skipper's. I was also able to catch UJB at Skipper's the Thursday before. Very good sound. Got to speak with Rich some.

big fun
aiq
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Previous

Return to Guitar Building and Mods