Alligator timeline

Chat about Equipment Info

Re: Alligator timeline

Postby RiverRat » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:14 pm

I updated the timeline at the beginning of the thread as well as added pictures showing Gator from each of the different eras.
RiverRat

Postby dleonard » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:42 pm

More great Alligator pics to be seen on this site. It even answers the right middle finger question on a different thread.

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/bad-dog-cafe ... strat.html
dleonard
Bear
Bear

Postby RiverRat » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:45 pm

That's a pretty good thread with some great pics...

Worth noting... Fret Wilkes is Fred Wilkes, he is in Legion of Jerry with RuKind's own JeffM... A damn fine bass player and a good friend of Dick Sage... Good Ol' Dick and his Huge Organ!
RiverRat

Postby jeffm725 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:59 am

RiverRat wrote:That's a pretty good thread with some great pics...

Worth noting... Fret Wilkes is Fred Wilkes, he is in Legion of Jerry with RuKind's own JeffM... A damn fine bass player and a good friend of Dick Sage... Good Ol' Dick and his Huge Organ!

Freddy Wilkes is one of a kind, and you're right Ray, he is an unbelievable bass player, he is just one of those musicians who is super talented and tasty on EVERY instrument. I always feel a little sheepish and guilty at Legion gigs, because in addition to Fred's bass talents, he is an absolute guitar gunslinger on a Tele. So while I am over there wanking off with Freddy laying down such a fat bottom, I am thinking cheez he would be smoking me right now if he had a guitar in his hands :hail: :oops: :smile:

Legion gig tonight, since it is Bobbys bday, we are pulling out the full WRS (first time Legion has ever played a Weir tune), should be interesting in a 1 guitar band :oops:
.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Postby RiverRat » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:16 am

jeffm725 wrote:Legion gig tonight, since it is Bobbys bday, we are pulling out the full WRS (first time Legion has ever played a Weir tune), should be interesting in a 1 guitar band :oops:

Dude... If anyone can pull it off, it would be you.

Tell Dick that "Jerry Remy circa 1978" said hey...

RiverRat

Postby waldo041 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:27 am

With RiverRats permission i went and loaded the work he has done into the directory!

http://www.wald-electronics.com/alligator.html

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby jeffm725 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:36 am

Ha..ha, The Rem Dawg! remember that time Remy tore up his knee with a collision at home plate and Jim Rice carried him off the field like carrying a Bride over the threshold? Remy looked like a cabbage patch kid in Rices arms. :lol:

Back on topic, Ray, the information that you and Waldo have been exchanging in this topic is AMAZING. Thanks to both of you.
This thread is so timely as I actually have a Gator project in process right now. I am thinking that maybe I would be best served in having you finish it for me. I have all the electronics done (GFS 70's Grey Bottom pickups, dont let the price fool you, they KNOCK the tone, I think it was maybe a Jonarobb recommendation that turned me on to these and he was Dead on), also instead of putting the blaster in the guitar I made a blaster pedal, that way I get best of both worlds) but as far as setting up the hard tail Bridge and some of the other finer points, I suck at that.

I was going to get some of the stuff from Nalls at Jack of Roses, but considering his customer service leaves a lot to be desired (and that is as diplomatic as I can be) I cannot order something from him when he doesnt even answer emails within a 4 week time frame (and the phone he has listed at the site is disconnected).

My '68 Twin Reverb Also needs some TLC. I would like do the Healy resistor and cap switchups, and it just need some overall maintenance as 41 year old amps require from time to time. 8) It has been collecting dust as lately the Boogie has been my main amp for both the Weir stuff in Shakedown and the Jerry stuff with Legion. I LOVE the Boogie, but I miss having the Twin option (it works and sounds decent, but not as good as it could or used to sound).

If you are game PM me (or email jeffm725 AT yahoo.com since your emails to my work addy go to spam even after I manually took youout of the filter!) and we will set a time for me to make a raod trip to drop soome stuff off.
.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Postby RiverRat » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:46 am

jeffm725 wrote:Back on topic, Ray, the information that you and Waldo have been exchanging in this topic is AMAZING. Thanks to both of you.

waldo041 wrote:With RiverRats permission i went and loaded the work he has done into the directory!

A huge thanks to you for not allowing me to run off with my conspiracy theories about buffers... :lol:

I just wasn't statisfied with any of the info out there, no disrespect to anyone... But there is quite a story behind THIS guitar just like a lot of the Garcia axes. And since it played a pivotal role in what may be considered one of the best live albums of all time, I wanted to get the facts and the story straight. A BIG THANKS to everyone that has contribute information to this thread...

Now I need to scrounge some late 72 early 73 pictures of Gator to nail down some dates in that era.

Jeff... PM/email will be inbound when I return from the snowy north country. Outdoor gig in this weather? Our fearless leader needs to be dragged out into the woods and shot for this!
RiverRat

Postby jeffm725 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:04 am

RiverRat wrote:
Jeff... PM/email will be inbound when I return from the snowy north country. Outdoor gig in this weather? Our fearless leader needs to be dragged out into the woods and shot for this!

HAHA, you're up in Maine again this weekend? It snowed down here in Connecticut last night and might again tonight, and you guys are outdoors in Maine ?!! I have played outdoors in 35-40 degree weather, guitars don't stay in tune and hands don't work on the fretboard. Hope you guys have space heaters on stage. Have fun and tell "marcus" 8) and the boys I say Hi!

Since they were mentioned, Here is a quick Legion tune with Fred Wilkes on bass and Dick Sage and his huge organ: :x

http://phyzz.com/jeff/LOJ_moneyhoney.mp3
jeffm725

Postby RiverRat » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:11 am

image links on first post have been fixed.

Updated description of V3 to include information about the Stratoblaster. I guess that even though I'm worthless, occasionally I got SOMETHING right!
RiverRat

Postby hogan » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:26 am

RiverRat wrote:image links on first post have been fixed.

Updated description of V3 to include information about the Stratoblaster. I guess that even though I'm worthless, occasionally I got SOMETHING right!

Welcome back man, for real. Stick around, if only for my sake.
Honest to the point of recklessness.
PM me for a cab
http://www.facebook.com/workingmansdead
Happy customers (~);-} :
paulinnc, spaceyrface43, AKdead, chuckles, ebelgee, Quebee, Kennay, bomall01, NashvilleMike, Strumminsix,jx2638,Chutley, Adam Deckard, jkstraw, TennesseeJedi, deadhead1988, spacefunkologist, rmackenzie
hogan

Postby Emoto » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:49 am

You're worthless? I didn't get the memo on that. :lol:
Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there...
Emoto

Postby RiverRat » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:56 am

Emoto wrote:You're worthless? I didn't get the memo on that. :lol:

The memo is here
RiverRat

Postby Emoto » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:01 pm

RiverRat wrote:
Emoto wrote:You're worthless? I didn't get the memo on that. :lol:

The memo is here

:shock: :?

I thought it was http://tinyurl.com/2g4udfy.
Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there...
Emoto

Postby strumminsix » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:29 pm

hogan wrote:

Welcome back man, for real. Stick around, if only for my sake.

I wish you'd stick around too. But if you are the only reason Hogan sticks around, well, maybe :lol:
strumminsix

PreviousNext

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion