Mu 3 Clone

Sell and buy at your own risk...

Re: Mu 3 Clone

Postby Pete B. » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:00 am

Waldo, Does your clone have the Gain set up to be active when in effect-off mode?
Your Mu sounds great, Man.

The YouTube audio is still distorting when you turn on the Mu on my end (just basic computer speakers). Maybe still the mic sensativity?
Pete B.

Postby waldo041 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:13 am

it's true bypassed so no mutron preamp in bypass mode meaning no gain control either. that said, it can be put back to a non true bypassed pedal with the operational gain control if wanted.

i knew the mic on the camera was going to be a problem. :?

i think i'll just scrap the video idea and record to the pc for better control.
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby Pete B. » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:22 am

waldo041 wrote:it's true bypassed so no mutron preamp in bypass mode meaning no gain control either. that said, it can be put back to a non true bypassed pedal with the operational gain control if wanted.

i knew the mic on the camera was going to be a problem. :?

i think i'll just scrap the video idea and record to the pc for better control.

I'm thinkin' some good sound files and a few pics might be better than the YouTube?

Yeah, It might be cool to have the Gain switch with an in/out switch, so you could use it, or not.
I have one fully original MuIII, and one with the Gain control bypassed in effect-off mode. I like having both options.
afaik, Jer had his MuIII Gain contol functional in effect-off mode. Is this a proven fact?
Pete B.

Postby waldo041 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:28 am

Pete B. wrote:afaik, Jer had his MuIII Gain contol functional in effect-off mode. Is this a proven fact?

let's look at the facts. he doesn't start using the MuIII until about the 1st incarnation of the Effects Loop. He is definately messing with different effects in 76, but i don't hear the MuIII up or down until New Years Eve 76 at The Cow Palace. That is also the first Travis Bean 500 with the effects loop minus switch. With this form of OBEL minus the switch, the Mutron(one of them) effect-off state would be the buffer/preamp that drives that entire signal with nothing engaged. The gain control would be operational. in the 90's rack we see the footswitch is moved to the top in the form of a toggle switch and labeled IN/OUT. IMO, he used it. He definately knew it's effect. Once the switch was added to the OBEL in wolf, the buffer(stratoblaster) was added to even out the Buffered OBEL bypassed state(one of the mutrons) and the NON buffered, effect-less, clean guitar state. then the Cutler switcher was added to allow the effects to be true bypassed in and out.

the reason the MU3 is true bypassed is because i went to a NON effects switcher setup, and true bypassed all my pedals in the loop.
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby tigerstrat » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:37 am

waldo041 wrote:
Pete B. wrote:afaik, Jer had his MuIII Gain contol functional in effect-off mode. Is this a proven fact?

let's look at the facts. he doesn't start using the MuIII until about the 1st incarnation of the Effects Loop. He is definately messing with different effects in 76, but i don't hear the MuIII up or down until New Years Eve 76 at The Cow Palace. That is also the first Travis Bean 500 with the effects loop minus switch. With this form of OBEL minus the switch, the Mutron(one of them) effect-off state would be the buffer/preamp that drives that entire signal with nothing engaged. The gain control would be operational. in the 90's rack we see the footswitch is moved to the top in the form of a toggle switch and labeled IN/OUT. IMO, he used it. He definately knew it's effect. Once the switch was added to the OBEL in wolf, the buffer(stratoblaster) was added to even out the Buffered OBEL bypassed state(one of the mutrons) and the NON buffered, effect-less, clean guitar state. then the Cutler switcher was added to allow the effects to be true bypassed in and out.

the reason the MU3 is true bypassed is because i went to a NON effects switcher setup, and true bypassed all my pedals in the loop.

1976 effects thread http://www.rukind.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=309&t=6972
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby waldo041 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:00 pm

audio sample of the Mu3 still UP FOR SALE.

http://tinyurl.com/Mu3demo1
waldo041

Previous

Return to Garage Sale