The Wolf

Chat about Equipment Info

Re: The Wolf

Postby Rynlander » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:07 am

Yes, Wolf has the purist and cleanest tone out of any of his guitars. I know that with pinch harmonics, alot of it comes from your hands, but when Jerry would put the squeal to Wolf, it just gleamed!
Rynlander
welcome
welcome

Postby aoguitars » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:40 am

paulinnc wrote:
aoguitars wrote:Hey Paul, just checking in on the status. How's everything coming along?

Actually I haven't done anything yet. The wood is at the woodshop, I am going to get another piece of maple and some hardware before I do any cutting. Between working full time and attending UNC part time I haven't really had the chance to get going on it. Thanks for asking though, I am sure I'll be in touch again.

huh? working and being a student isn't giving you any time to build guitars? weird. :)
Andrew Olson
AO Guitars
www.aoguitars.com
aoguitars
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby paulinnc » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:20 pm

Rynlander wrote:Yes, Wolf has the purist and cleanest tone out of any of his guitars. I know that with pinch harmonics, alot of it comes from your hands, but when Jerry would put the squeal to Wolf, it just gleamed!

I know!!! I was just listening to Jackstraw from 12/29/77, just plain AWESOME!!
paulinnc

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:17 am

Saw this on another site
Its called the Alembic Stage Guitar
There is a Tribute model version too.
The guy said in his post they were 6500 $ I think compared to the 12,000 $ Further model ...
:D
I wasnt able to find any links or any info about them.
Anyone ?
Tennessee Jedi

Postby Emoto » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:45 am

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there...
Emoto

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:57 am

hah hah !
thats where i got the pic ...
but i didnt notice the "more discussions here" thing .... so thank you ....
wonder if they will be " stock " or custom order ?
Very sweet and pricey .....
:smile:
Tennessee Jedi

Postby strumminsix » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:00 am

Tennessee Jedi wrote:Image
Saw this on another site
Its called the Alembic Stage Guitar
There is a Tribute model version too.
The guy said in his post they were 6500 $ I think compared to the 12,000 $ Further model ...
I wasnt able to find any links or any info about them.
Anyone ?

Hmm, the bridge is slightly crooked. Or maybe my head is. But I checked my head yesterday.
strumminsix

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:03 am

I see it too, S6. The bridge tilts a little to the right (towards the knobs) and the tailpiece is even more crooked. It must just be the angle of the photo, I can't believe Alembic would be that sloppy. The bridge might also be adjusted higher on the treble side vs. the bass side, or vice versa.
Rusty the Scoob

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:13 am

Rusty the Scoob wrote:I see it too, S6. The bridge tilts a little to the right (towards the knobs) and the tailpiece is even more crooked. It must just be the angle of the photo, I can't believe Alembic would be that sloppy. The bridge might also be adjusted higher on the treble side vs. the bass side, or vice versa.

could be the grain of the wood ....running at an angle ...
is a bit odd ....
:smile:
Tennessee Jedi

Postby paulinnc » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:38 pm

I can totally see the tail piece being crooked. I like the picture though. That is essentially what my wolfcaster is going to look like, probably nicer though. I am getting another piece of maple from my wood guy for the back, it isn't as figured as the top piece. It will only be 3AAA flamed maple in stead of 5A.
Anyone know anything about Jack of roses? I have emailed Brian awhile back but haven't heard anything.
paulinnc

Postby Chuckles » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:07 am

Scroll down the most active posts...

there's a thread titles "Jackofroses" talking about his lack of recent responses...

At this point, I wouldn't rely on him... tho I do have to say his products are very nice.
Seems like I've been here before...

The Road's Facebook Page (including links to tunage) is here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Road/ ... 200?ref=nf
Chuckles

Postby aoguitars » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:10 am

yeah, unfortunately Brian seems to be unresponsive, both by phone and email.
Andrew Olson
AO Guitars
www.aoguitars.com
aoguitars
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby paulinnc » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:21 pm

aoguitars wrote:
paulinnc wrote:
aoguitars wrote:Hey Paul, just checking in on the status. How's everything coming along?

Actually I haven't done anything yet. The wood is at the woodshop, I am going to get another piece of maple and some hardware before I do any cutting. Between working full time and attending UNC part time I haven't really had the chance to get going on it. Thanks for asking though, I am sure I'll be in touch again.

huh? working and being a student isn't giving you any time to build guitars? weird. :)

The semester is almost over and I am skipping shows this summer to build the guitar. So hopefully I will have more pictures soon. Who knows depending on how this one turns out I might build more.
paulinnc

Postby paulinnc » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:23 am

I started working for the woodshop where I will be building my wolf today. I was sanding cabinets, but I got to see the wood I had left there over the past 11 months and the purple heart looks fucking awesome!!! The color has really changed from kind of grayish purple to this really nice rich purple. So I am excited about that and I also got a bunch of hardware for it too. Anyone have a shopping list of electrical parts? That would really be helpful. sorry I have nothing too great to report, but I think letting the wood sit for awhile was really a good thing to do.
paulinnc

Postby paulinnc » Thu May 27, 2010 8:54 pm

I started learning how to re-saw wood yesterday. I was practicing on some white oak, re-sawing is tough. The band saw I used kind of sucked but it was all that was available. It was a good learning experience and I am glad I didn't have to cut up my flamed maple to learn.
paulinnc

PreviousNext

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion