Bobby's Hard Truckers Guitar Cabinet....

Bobby's Hard Truckers Guitar Cabinet....

Postby Playdeadphish » Mon May 15, 2006 10:05 am

check it out...

http://tinyurl.com/rala2

peace love and mischief
glenn
Playdeadphish
bruce
bruce

Postby tigerstrat » Mon May 15, 2006 4:01 pm

What the...? FAKE. Sure maybe its a Hard Trucker, but it's NOT Bob's guitar cab, and he sure as hell didnt use it onstage in the 60's. And what is UP with posting that pic from 2/4/70 or whatever it is, are we supposed to be able to spot the cab in that picture? Good luck because it wasn't there and probably wasn't even made yet. Bobby was using Twin Reverbs and 4x12 cabs at the time.

Hard Trucker wasn't even founded until after 1975 sometime... after the dismantling of the Wall of Sound. Bob didn't start using fullrange cabinets for guitar until the late 80's.
tigerstrat

bobbys cab...

Postby Playdeadphish » Tue May 16, 2006 4:40 am

you can think what you want but its not a fake. i have a pic from 1972 of the cab onstage. if you dont believe it dont buy it or even better yet why dont you email me like a man instead of posting to a forum. you can get me at playdeadphish at america online dot comm...

peace
glenn
Playdeadphish
bruce
bruce

Postby mikeohiostate » Tue May 16, 2006 5:08 am

mhhmmmmm...

the listing has been taken down...
mikeohiostate
Brent
Brent

Postby ded1hed » Tue May 16, 2006 5:36 am

email me like a man!??

thats a good one lol
ded1hed
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Re: bobbys cab...

Postby strumminsix » Tue May 16, 2006 8:17 am

you can think what you want but its not a fake. i have a pic from 1972 of the cab onstage. if you dont believe it dont buy it or even better yet why dont you email me like a man instead of posting to a forum. you can get me at playdeadphish at america online dot comm...

peace
glenn

Glenn, those comments are out of line. You have advertised this on at least 3 different forums that I am part of all publicly so all questions should be public. Besides, this is a gear section and your claim is in question. Why not defend it?

People who only come into this forum only to peddle your wares need to prove themselves vs. a regular who people come to know and trust. Take a look, you have 4 posts here and each is about selling a speaker cabinet that is GD related.

Your eBay said he used it in the 60s - Prove it.
Your eBay said it is a HT cab before they became a company - Prove it.

You posted a low-quality band picture as evidence where you can't make out gear - why?

Be cool dude.
strumminsix

Postby tigerstrat » Tue May 16, 2006 9:31 am

Oh man, that is CLASSIC. Email you "like a man"... and just what would that do to alert the others in this forum who might fall for your unsupported claims?

Is that because you don't have a leg to stand on in this public page that YOU created? Why didn't you post the pic of the cab onstage in 1972, rather than one where the only gear identifiable is a Twin Reverb? or the allegedly authenticating doc?

Like I said, sure it is of Hard Trucker manufacture, but it sure as hell looks like a home or studio reference speaker, NOT a guitar cabinet... almost any idiot who plays guitar could tell you that.

Maybe that part of your claim could be true, it could conceivably be one of a pair of reference monitors from Bob's home studio... however the credibility of the whole ad is now suspect because of the outlandish claims that Bob used it for guitar onstage.
tigerstrat

Postby dpmphoto » Tue May 16, 2006 2:10 pm

Hey I have a half eaten grilled cheese that was jerry's lunch right before they played alpine valley maybe I should try and sell it to some sucker on ebay ahahahahha.I also have bobs lawnmower and leaf blower from the 72 tour ahaha. U need to get a life phish boy
dpmphoto
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Postby tigerstrat » Tue May 16, 2006 2:29 pm

dpmphoto wrote:Hey I have a half eaten grilled cheese that was jerry's lunch right before they played alpine valley maybe I should try and sell it to some sucker on ebay ahahahahha.I also have bobs lawnmower and leaf blower from the 72 tour ahaha. U need to get a life phish boy

Half-eaten??? And you expect us to believe it was Jerry's? :lol:
tigerstrat

Postby mikeohiostate » Tue May 16, 2006 7:44 pm

hahahahahaha nice one..

i have jerrys toilet (which could be believeable)
mikeohiostate
Brent
Brent

bobby's cabinet....

Postby Playdeadphish » Tue May 16, 2006 8:23 pm

first off i welcome any and all nay-sayers. i have a job and havent had an opportunity to get on and defend myself. you can believe whatever you want im not trying to change anyones mind.. but the cab is the real deal. for those of you that care, here is the deal...

i flew out to san francisco two weeks ago and drove the 101 up to marin county and san rafael. extended family is a beautiful thing. i picked up two of bobbys cabinets, one of phils hard truckers that holds a 12" and a 15" speaker, three single 15" wall of sound cabinets and two items that im not at liberty to discuss at this time that will remain with me. i drove all the items home leaving some tasty things behind due to lack of room. there is no doubt about where i got the items, there is no doubt about their authenticity.

it doesnt matter when the hard truckers company was started, the people involved with what would later become the hard truckers began building speaker cabs around 68 or so. saying that the hard truckers didnt start until '75 is wrong, im sure you have seen pictures of the wall of sound. who do you think made those cabs? im sure you have, ive seen you posting for years. its flawed logic.

im sure you know alot about gear but you dont know it all. bobby did have guitar cabinets in the late 60s and early 70s. there are pictures galore of this. ive been doing alot of research on this, i dont pretend to know it all but i do know that the grateful dead experimented with gear more than any other band ever. i personally witnessed things that you wouldnt believe. did you know bobby had a cab with six (6) 10" gauss speakers (worst sounding cab ever). bobby used and experimented with more equipment then you could ever imagine.

in the late 60s and early 70s bobby was using twin reverbs at the time, he did have 4x12's but he also had a bunch of other cabinets, as did jerry and phil. the tie dye tapisties that adorned the speaker cabs are interchangeable and most didnt survive very long. to this day very few survive. if you goto www.barncard,com/gd.html which are pics from new years 72 you can get a really good look at a few cabinets which are identical to mine, one of which in pic 33 i believe to be mine. i wish i had a better picture. ive been looking for two weeks now for a better picture. if i had one id pass it on. but i know where i got the items and they are all the real deal.

i am all for debate and love talking gear. what i dont like is a person hiding behind a keyboard calling me a liar without any civil conversation. everyone is intitled to their opinion, but before you go yelling and screaming something is a FAKE, you can atleast email and inquire about it. i have been a part of grateful jams and gearheads since nearly there respective inseptions, im all for talking gear but before you call me a liar you need to have your facts straight. just because i dont post as often as some people doesnt mean anything. i make pretty damn good replica garcia 2 x 12 jbl cabs and ill continue to post as i feel is necessary.

oh by the way, dozin has had the cabs up on his site for a bunch of years now under the hard truckers link.

by all means discuss this, it needs to be discussed. this is history of a band that we all obviously love. im happy to answer any and all posts/emails in public or privately if you feel the need to email me. if you choose not to believe its the real deal then dont bid on it. but its your loss. its an incredible piece of history that needs to be played.

peace love and mischief
glenn

ps. if anything wasnt answered to your liking, please get in touch...

oh yea, one last thing anyone want to buy pigpen's leslie cab??
Playdeadphish
bruce
bruce

Re: bobby's cabinet....

Postby waldo041 » Wed May 17, 2006 7:22 am

Playdeadphish wrote: im sure you know alot about gear but you dont know it all. bobby did have guitar cabinets in the late 60s and early 70s. there are pictures galore of this. ive been doing alot of research on this, i dont pretend to know it all but i do know that the grateful dead experimented with gear more than any other band ever. i personally witnessed things that you wouldnt believe. did you know bobby had a cab with six (6) 10" gauss speakers (worst sounding cab ever). bobby used and experimented with more equipment then you could ever imagine.

in the public forum environment you tend to have your know it all's, as if they were part of the band. tigerstrat can be rather brash at time's. he means well, i think.

Playdeadphish wrote:oh yea, one last thing anyone want to buy pigpen's leslie cab??

i have been reserving my comment's, but the race is on for all the cabs that Ramrod and Steve Parrish have in this "Shed" i am hearing about. all i wish is whoever get's them doesn't try and make a mint off of them, but reproduce them and sell them at a decent price for the music and for us heads who would like something similiar! god know's those speaker clip's are worth gold!!! the pigpen leslie's are authentic, but we will have to see what the grateful dead have to say before i think anything else get's sold. a couple of jerry's 3-12 cab's loaded with e-120, reconed with hemp, jbl's are with those leslie cabs. oh man the cat is out of the bag!

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby jck_strw » Wed May 17, 2006 7:23 am

All I want to say is thanks for the link to that website with the pics. Those are some really great photos. I've never seen that site before.

Thanks.
http://db.etree.org/jck_strw - Tapelist
-----
"Now get back to the stands before I shave off half your mustache and shove it up your left nostril. "
Bad News Bears
jck_strw

bobbys ht cab

Postby Playdeadphish » Wed May 17, 2006 8:01 am

the cabinet is back up on ebay...it can be found at:

http://tinyurl.com/gggnv

please have a look for yourself.

waldo had a few good comments. my goal here is not to make tons of cash. this stuff needs to get out to the heads. it needs to be played. im just tryin to get my money back so i can keep the stuff thats important to me. i also purchased this stuff because i have started to make replicas of jerrys 2x12" cab. what better way to get it right then to goto the source. this is stuff most gearheads can afford. when jerry's travis bean gets sold 99% of us couldnt even come close to owning it.

waldo you seem to have a clue about whats going on drop me a line at playdeadphish at america online etc ...anyone thats interested for that matter....

peace
glenn
Playdeadphish
bruce
bruce

Postby strumminsix » Wed May 17, 2006 9:16 am

Nice replies, PDP, and a respectible goal you have.

Hope to see you around as more of a contributer since it's obvious you have some unique experiences myself and others would love to hear about.
strumminsix

Next

Return to Guitar Building and Mods