New Bob Weir Interview

New Bob Weir Interview

Postby matcs » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:30 pm

Just thought you might be interested in this new interview with Bob Weir....

http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=31645
matcs
welcome
welcome

Re: New Bob Weir Interview

Postby Chuckles » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:23 pm

Thx - a little too much "Bob as Guru", but I loved the Bats Down Under The Pyramids story.
:lol:
Seems like I've been here before...

The Road's Facebook Page (including links to tunage) is here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Road/ ... 200?ref=nf
Chuckles

Postby Stevo123 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:39 am

Thanks for posting, this is a really awesome interview! It was interesting to hear Bob talk about some of their early influences.
Stevo123
Mickey
Mickey

Postby NashvilleMike » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:20 am

OK regarding the Bob interview..I have $100 for the first person to explain what "pied-a-terre, nebulous amorphous pieta tear" means and what business Bob Weir has saying it.

Secondly the last video clip at the bottom is a sweet watchtower where Jerry is shredding it up during the 2 solo breaks. It was/is the most fun when Jerry can just let go and smile and bop around and make Tiger SCREAM as in..."A wild cat did prowl"
It all rolls into one and nothing comes for free
There's nothing you can hold for very long
And when you hear that song come crying like the wind
It seems like all this life was just a dream
NashvilleMike
One More Saturday Night
One More Saturday Night

Postby Emoto » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:07 pm

NashvilleMike wrote:OK regarding the Bob interview..I have $100 for the first person to explain what "pied-a-terre, nebulous amorphous pieta tear" means and what business Bob Weir has saying it.

Secondly the last video clip at the bottom is a sweet watchtower where Jerry is shredding it up during the 2 solo breaks. It was/is the most fun when Jerry can just let go and smile and bop around and make Tiger SCREAM as in..."A wild cat did prowl"

The way I've always heard it used is when some people keep an apartment in a city and use it not as a primary residence but instead as a place to stay whenever they happen to be in town. Typically something that wealthy people might have. The way I took it to mean was metaphorical, in that he was saying they all kind of have their own not tightly defined territory that they cover when playing. As to what business Bobby has saying it? No idea.
Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there...
Emoto

Return to How to use the forums