Kennys posts

Kennys posts

Postby BlobWeird » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:23 pm

Any way I can view Kenny's posts? Archives anything?
BlobWeird

Postby strumminsix » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:38 pm

You'll need a flux capacitor and an accentric scientist, Marty.

Great Scotts!
strumminsix

Postby jck_strw » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:00 pm

Or Google.
http://db.etree.org/jck_strw - Tapelist
-----
"Now get back to the stands before I shave off half your mustache and shove it up your left nostril. "
Bad News Bears
jck_strw

Postby phpbb » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:41 pm

phpbb

Postby sack the wack » Fri May 09, 2008 12:28 pm

I could use a little help with structuring my practice. I have command of playing chords and I'm just starting to feel like I know what I'm doing when it comes to Maj and Min pentatonic and Ionian scales. Been messin' with the Mixolydian too but I don't feel like my practicing is structured properly and I'm looking for a way to make my practicing more practical or to incorporate what I'm learning. Am I making any sense? Any pointers on how to put my practice time to good use for playing lead. Fairly new here but was wondering who this dude Kenny is because it sounds like he's got it going on and how do you access his posts. Thanx for anything useful.
sack the wack
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby waldo041 » Fri May 09, 2008 12:36 pm

sack the wack wrote:I could use a little help with structuring my practice. I have command of playing chords and I'm just starting to feel like I know what I'm doing when it comes to Maj and Min pentatonic and Ionian scales. Been messin' with the Mixolydian too but I don't feel like my practicing is structured properly and I'm looking for a way to make my practicing more practical or to incorporate what I'm learning. Am I making any sense? Any pointers on how to put my practice time to good use for playing lead. Fairly new here but was wondering who this dude Kenny is because it sounds like he's got it going on and how do you access his posts. Thanx for anything useful.

sounds to me like you either need to find a guitar playing buddy to strum some chords and let you use what you have learned. OR record some chord progressions and practice your runs with that.

kenny's post i believe are in the think tank.

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby BOUKINATOR » Fri May 09, 2008 1:27 pm

who is Kenny?

am I a noob?
BOUKINATOR
Mickey
Mickey

Postby ebick » Fri May 09, 2008 1:33 pm

Kenny, or d, or Dale Gribble, names he was known by at different times, was a member of our community who contributed to the Think Tank; i.e., made a lot of posts about general theory.

He appeared at times to be a bit unstable emotionally and, under each of these alias', picked up his toys and went home. And by that I mean that he announced he was leaving the forum and requested that we delete all his posts.

Hope that helps.
Ed

First Show - 5/5/77
Last Show - 3/28/93
ebick

Postby jck_strw » Fri May 09, 2008 1:54 pm

Someone, I can't remember who I'm sorry, compiled all the posts into a PDF. I put the PDF up on my site. Feel free to grab it.

http://www.headsallempty.org/theKenneyPosts.pdf
http://db.etree.org/jck_strw - Tapelist
-----
"Now get back to the stands before I shave off half your mustache and shove it up your left nostril. "
Bad News Bears
jck_strw

Postby sack the wack » Sat May 10, 2008 5:29 am

So the dude really rose to prominence before decompressing? That's too bad, this is such an awesome thing.
I do get to play with one buddy but he's not too committed at this point to playin'. There was a guy that posted a pretty neat exercise on 'descending intervalic' that I guess jerry did alot that was helpful. So does anyone know some other exercises that are good for building fluidness? Sometimes when I just run scales, it gets sort of boring and repetitious. I agree with Waldo that the best way is to bounce stuff off another guitar. I play a bunch with a fiddle player but then I wind up holding down the rhythm.
sack the wack
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby warrenMFKNhaynes » Sun May 11, 2008 7:23 pm

so what happend to this guy, does he still post?
warrenMFKNhaynes
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby warrenMFKNhaynes » Sun May 11, 2008 7:25 pm

warrenMFKNhaynes wrote:so what happend to this guy, does he still post?

nevermind.
warrenMFKNhaynes
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Return to The Think Tank