Riff?

Riff?

Postby amyjared » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:50 pm

I was listening to Dozin' at the Knick on the road yesterday and Wheel was on and I realized that when I play it, I only play the chords, but it would be cool to play those riffs that Garcia throws in at the end of the verses, like after "the lightning will" or "little bit more". Anyone have any tabs for some of those, or even one tab that would work?? Thanks!
"The only funeral you should ever try to interrupt is your own, and that should be a full-time job." -Kinky Friedman
amyjared

Postby tigerstrat » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:38 am

They are always different and I always improvise them, but they are just little tease jams on the C chord... perhaps some special emphasis on the 4, as in the intro figure.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby amyjared » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:31 am

Thanks, but can you throw down one sample for me to get a better idea?
"The only funeral you should ever try to interrupt is your own, and that should be a full-time job." -Kinky Friedman
amyjared

Postby tigerstrat » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:16 am

Always a challenge w/o a guitar handy, but a fairly standard one would be starting with a "4th up":1,4 (C,F), followed by an ascending series of two-note"4th down" intervals, with the low note being the previous high note, until you arrive back at C... the "wheel" or circle of 4ths.

...to the best of my cubicle-ensconced recollection :lol:
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Return to Wheel, The