Resurrection Tiger guitar for sale

Chat about Equipment Info

Postby playingdead » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:20 am

Actually, to do an Alembic like this guitar, it would probably be around $20k ... the base price on a Tribute with no inlays or special features is $12500 --- and that's the 07 price.

I never said John's guitar would be $5k, that was someone else ... it would be more than that, but I don't think it would approach the Alembic prices.

The Alembic is really something entirely different; I have a friend who had a Further guitar and while it was a beautiful instrument, it isn't really a "Jerry" guitar, totally different electronics. Really versatile guitar, actually, and it gets a nice sound, but if you want "the sound" from the 80s-90s you really have to do the Garcia electronics, and Alembic won't do that for you.
playingdead

Postby myoung6923 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:21 am

From Tim O'Donnell last year - "The tiger with all the brass work is a 10000 piece."

And that model didn't include the woodwork on the back.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us

http://www.fennario.us
http://www.youtube.com/fennarioband
http://www.facebook.com/fennarioband
myoung6923

Postby Emoto » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:00 am

So, this is probably a stupid question, given all the incredible time and energy that people put into trying to get Jerry's sound, but is there a "Jerry Guitar" that is close right off the shelf? For me, late 70s is "the one".

I've been playing my Les Paul with the little band I've started rehearsing with (no name or gigs yet) and it sounds good with my Boogie, but isn't really it. The other night, I played my Stratocaster instead and got that beautiful glistening crispness, and the tone fattened right up when I kicked in the lead channel, so I think it might be closer than the Gibson. I don't mean to hijack - should I start a new thread?

Bob
Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there...
Emoto

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:17 am

I probably get killed for this but here goes -
Go with Fender stuff to get a Jerry sound.
His Wolf is Strat inspired ( although the Wolf is quite different than a Strat in the neck and body construction)and had I think stock fender pups in the 1st incarnation.
And Fender amps too.
MANY PEOPLE USE OTHER STUFF THOUGH AND ROCK !<-----disclaimer.
And yes it is all in the fingers dont forget that !
:cool:
Tennessee Jedi

Postby broomhead » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:50 am

myoung6923 is absolutely correct, I almost purchased a Resurrection guitar and Tim mentioned a tiger w/all the embellishments was 10,000 before the conversation of building one even began. I've seen that guitar over at gearheads and it's absolutely beautiful. Resurrection makes a really nice guitar. That said waldos correct nobody w/ a discerning eye would mistake that for the original. The best absolute copies have come from smaller builders it seems.

As far as off the shelf, T Jedi's got it right imo, a strat comes pretty damn close. Although Jerry played an SG and still sounded like Jerry. from the videos I've watched both Myoung and Playingdead have the Jerry sound pretty tight, so, I'd heed there advice.

I'm starting vacation this next week and I'll be finishing my Cripes inspired customs electronics. ((I know those who offered advice and I'll be picking your brains soon..lol))

joe
broomhead
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:09 am

Cool- cant wait to check out the git box Broom.
Yeah LP's,Guilds,Fenders,Martins,Irwins,Beans,Cripes, and others all fit in the mix somewhere.
:lol:
Tennessee Jedi

Postby Donnie Eidt » Wed May 07, 2008 8:47 am

Hey folks I just wanted to show you guys my guitar but I need 2 posts first so this is one
Donnie Eidt
welcome
welcome

Postby Donnie Eidt » Wed May 07, 2008 8:48 am

This is two
Donnie Eidt
welcome
welcome

Postby Donnie Eidt » Wed May 07, 2008 8:49 am

Hey Folks I hope you are all having a grateful day
I just thought you might apprieciate this it was hand made for me by Mike Ciulis and it plays like a dream.
Visit http://www.donnieeidt.com[/img]
Donnie Eidt
welcome
welcome

Postby jenkins » Sun May 11, 2008 10:26 am

The absolut best Garcia tones that Ive heard coming from someone that wasn't Garcia was from an alembic tribute.
Alembic tribute> twin preamp> into mcintosh mc2205.
jenkins
Billy
Billy

Previous

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion