I just need an effective live demo...

Chat about Equipment Info

I just need an effective live demo...

Postby willmusic » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:10 pm

That's pretty much it. It's just me, my acoustic, and sometimes my wife on backing vocals. What's a good option for recording a cheap, simple , one shot live demo? I have a good mixer so it can all be on one track and we don't have a need for overdubs. My budget doesn't go far beyond 150-200 bucks and cheaper would be better. My friend suggested a minidisc recorder but I still don't know. If anyone has any advice I'd be most Grateful. Thanx!
willmusic
wolf
wolf

Postby lostsailor8782 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:00 pm

Get ahold of Laytonco on here ... do a hey Gil shout out , he has killer little recorder that makes absolutely awesome recordings in live applications that he paid 200 bucks for .. he has recorded my band with it and his several times and the sound is awesome and it is really user friendly , easy to transfer songs to the computer etc
I only smoke it when I am awake... I promise
lostsailor8782
Bear
Bear

Postby pmonk66 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:37 pm

I suggest you go over to taperssection.com and check out if any VA tapers willing to record you for a 6 pack or something
pmonk66
tiger
tiger

Postby Chuckles » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:26 pm

Where are you in VA? If it's not too far out, I could record you one either my MacBook or I also have a HD recorder that does a nice job. Any editing could be done in one of a few apps I've got.

Drop me a PM if you're w/in an hour of DC.
Seems like I've been here before...

The Road's Facebook Page (including links to tunage) is here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Road/ ... 200?ref=nf
Chuckles

Postby willmusic » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:54 pm

I appreciate the suggestions guys. Chuckles, I'm most grateful for the offer. Luckily, one of my friends is coming down from Ohio w/ a digital multitrack and he's gonna help me out. Wish me luck!
willmusic
wolf
wolf

Postby playingdead » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:19 pm

You can buy yourself a Tascam DP-01 for about $150 now online ... it's a really nice 8-track digital studio, it's great for laying down tracks and exporting them as WAV files into Garage Band, etc. Really good stuff for the money, I've had mine since November.
playingdead

Postby Emoto » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:54 pm

You can download Audacity for free and, assuming you have a soundcard with a mic input, you can record right onto your hard drive.

Izzat cheap enough? :-)
Emoto

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion