Key? What scales can I use?

Key? What scales can I use?

Postby seamus » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:04 pm

So,

What key is this song in? I've looked at the other posts for this song and the tabs are great, but I'd like to know what key the song is in and what scales I could use to jam with it.

Thanks in advance
seamus
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:41 pm

Postby jenkins » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:55 am

I am pretty sure this song is in B.

The scale u should use is a E maj. The mode here is E myxolidian or B Ionian mode, I think.

I use an E maj scale using b notes as my general starting points.
jenkins
Billy
Billy
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:56 pm

Postby pb199 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:18 pm

Wouldn't the mode be E Lydian not E mixolydian ? Or I guess F# mixolydain
pb199
welcome
welcome
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:13 pm

Postby cunamara » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:34 pm

It's in B major, so use the B major scale. Except for the bit in the bridge ("If you could see my heart...") which includes the A major, Asus and G# chords.
cunamara
Rosebud
Rosebud
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:06 pm

Postby CaptainTrips » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:49 pm

pb199 wrote:Wouldn't the mode be E Lydian not E mixolydian ? Or I guess F# mixolydain

It is in B. Which means B major, which can be broken down into E lydian or F# mixolydian. Of course the best approach is a little bit of each.
User avatar
CaptainTrips
Senior Member
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:11 am
Location: Phoenix

Postby Scary Pete » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:33 pm

To be honest: I didn't read the topic at all, I just saw the title and felt like I wanted to share this:

http://jguitar.com/harmonizer/chord2scale

Type in the chord progression (or the scales) and boom lists of scales that sound wonderful and how to play them. Love the internet eh?
Image
Scary Pete
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:44 pm
Location: West Chester, PA

Postby CaptainTrips » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:19 am

Scary Pete wrote:To be honest: I didn't read the topic at all, I just saw the title and felt like I wanted to share this:

http://jguitar.com/harmonizer/chord2scale

Type in the chord progression (or the scales) and boom lists of scales that sound wonderful and how to play them. Love the internet eh?

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime
User avatar
CaptainTrips
Senior Member
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:11 am
Location: Phoenix

Postby Scary Pete » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:19 pm

CaptainTrips wrote:
Scary Pete wrote:To be honest: I didn't read the topic at all, I just saw the title and felt like I wanted to share this:

http://jguitar.com/harmonizer/chord2scale

Type in the chord progression (or the scales) and boom lists of scales that sound wonderful and how to play them. Love the internet eh?

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime

holy shit thats awesome
Image
Scary Pete
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:44 pm
Location: West Chester, PA

Postby CaptainTrips » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:59 pm

:roll:
User avatar
CaptainTrips
Senior Member
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:11 am
Location: Phoenix


Return to Rubin & Charise

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests