GIANTS

Chat about Equipment Info

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:24 am

Dude Happy 420 Bro!
Puff some up for me dog! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Tennessee Jedi

Postby amyjared » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:36 pm

Not a huge football fan anymore, but there was a time when the Jets were everything to me. Even saw some games in NY years back. Thought the super bowl was pretty good this year.

Anyhow, I thought of a few ways that the game would keep me more interested and wanted to know what you folks thought:

No time outs allowed in the 4th quarter. This would actually mean each team has to PLAY until the game is over. If you like, you can make play stop after runs as well as passes, but no time outs allowed in the last quarter or overtime

Penalize the qb for intentional grounding. They throw the ball away all the time on purpose and are never called for it.

If the qb runs with the ball past the line of scrimmage, they are fair game. No sliding or downing themselves allowed.

These improvements would actually make me more interested and become a fan again. Anyone?
"The only funeral you should ever try to interrupt is your own, and that should be a full-time job." -Kinky Friedman
amyjared

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:41 pm

Yeah A&J
Those are good ideas.
I'd like to go to college overtime rules-both teams get the chance with the ball.
I'd like to see the dbs be able to engage the reciever in anyway they can.Its football.Let the guys play!
The big thing I'd do is
GET RID OF THE LOUSY 1/2 TIME SHOWS.There is nothing worse than pre-programmed Rock and Roll.It was so corporate-the bastards would throw anything out there to make a buck.Its sooooo fake.
:cool:
Tennessee Jedi

Postby ebick » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:04 pm

Tennessee Jedi wrote:GET RID OF THE LOUSY 1/2 TIME SHOWS.

I could not agree more. I like Petty, McCartney, the Stones, I even like Prince. I also like orange juice and diet coke......just not together. When I'm in the middle of a football game, I don't need to see a pre-fab, abbreviated song version concert with "fans" who are instructed how to cheer (and don't kid yourself.....they are).

They had started doing the concert thing at the conference championship games too, didn't last long, thank God for small miracles.

Bring back the Punt, Pass And Kick competetion. Do something, anything that has to do with football. But not a concert.
Ed

First Show - 5/5/77
Last Show - 3/28/93
ebick

Postby steve » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:26 pm

Tennessee Jedi wrote:I'd like to go to college overtime rules-both teams get the chance with the ball.

yeah, i've been wanting that for a long time, way better i think. half time show is ass. superbowl seems to be more about the shit going on around then the actual football, its terrible. why the hell would be possibly need a red carpet hosted by ryan seacrest to air whatever hours before the game. the superbowl hype is just ridiculous. if only it could just be another game, but with a title involved. im sure it will get more ridiculous as the years come, its certainly has been moving that way.

its almost embarrassing. i remember when beckham played his first game for la, all the hype was on the celebrities in attendance, they even had a split screen with the game going on and him sitting on the bench. then when he did play they actually it split screen with him kinda just walking around when he didn't have the ball and the other screen carrying the game. i felt so ashamed....
steve
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby ebick » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:06 pm

Here's what I am waiting for.......I believe that this will happen sometime in the near future.

Super Bowl Saturday

Way back when, when the Super Bowl was really just another game, it was played much earlier on Sunday afternoon. While the NFL has learned that Saturday night football, as a regular thing, doesn't work, they have also learned that on special occassions, it works just fine.

With all the hype, and the game getting later and later, and all the parties, I'm sure that it has been discussed......moving it to Sat. night. I think that if it wasn't for the tradition and the fowl taste that comes with the initial notion of Super Bowl Saturday, it would have already happened.
Ed

First Show - 5/5/77
Last Show - 3/28/93
ebick

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:40 am

Sat.Nite Supe!
I'm getting really drunk now! :cool:
Yeah they should bring out all the Pro Bowl guys and do some contests or something...QB contest..who knows...the music thing is lame. :cool:
Except Prince.He was good last year. :cool:
Tennessee Jedi

Previous

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion