looper question

Chat about Equipment Info

looper question

Postby ded1hed » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:26 am

hey man what should i expect to pay for a loop thing. the one i got (on an effects pedal) only records 4 or 5 seconds worth. id like to get one that does a little longer.
just for messing around at home btw.

gracias conmigos!
ded1hed
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby weirimpressed » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:28 am

most of the decent quality loop stations run around two hundred dollars, but Ive seen them get up to around 350 in some parts.
weirimpressed

Postby jackr » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:49 am

If you want a good one like the digitech jamman, you can get it on ebay for around $250.
On tour '76 - '81
Clean & Sober since '87
jackr

Postby CaptainTrips » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:28 pm

I have to agree with jackr here. I have the JAMMAN and its great. New $300 used about $250 and it does everything very well. I can record and loop electric and acoustic, drums or anything else with a microphone. Simple, easy to use and durable. :smile:
CaptainTrips

Postby old man down » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:05 pm

Yeah, I got the JamMan for Christmas to play around with at home. You'll need the footswitch too.

The days are too short for me to get into, so I'm waiting for Spring a little bit more before I really start playing with it.

Things I've got to learn with it are the exact loop segments of songs to record so that they can be strung together correctly. When you're in a loop and the loop hasn't completed, you can hit the footswitch and when the loop finishes it will instantly go to the next loop. So, you have the pre-played loops already stored and you can direct it around, even back to previous loops.
old man down
Skeleton
Skeleton

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion