Nice guitar on ebay. Buy it??

Chat about Equipment Info

Postby mkaufman » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:19 am

Mick:

The problem is that Ibanez has lots of great vintage guitars which you most likely won't find in a retail store. There are some good new Ibanez guitars, like the Prestige line, however, they typically cost more than $1,000. For that money, I prefer to go with vintage Ibanez.

mk
mkaufman

Postby b weird » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:04 am

So is the bidding over?
b weird

Postby st. stephen » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:13 am

yeah.....I didn't get it, it was sold for 618 Euro. But apart from the financial thing my main problem was that you have to get the guitar from the seller and he's living in the last bit of Austria, fuckin now-where land. It's so far in the east it's almost Russia =), so I couldn't get it really anyway...
I hope some day I'll get another opportunity to get such a guitar
Could jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?
-Homer Simpson-
st. stephen
Mickey
Mickey

Postby pappypgh » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:28 am

Mick wrote:When I was looking at guitars last year, several people recommended Ibanez as a brand. As I recall, I played every model I could find for less than about $700 and didn't like any of them. Further discussions with local players revealed that you have to be willing to spend over $1000 to get a good Ibanez guitar, and that at that price level they are worth the money. For what it is worth, I didn't like any of the Fenders that were under $1000 either.

FWIW, I have a 1991 US Fender Stratocaster (prob cost ~$1200 new) and, as nices of a guitar as it is, there is hardly a comparison btwn it - made from ashe - and a beauty made from top quality wood. Of COURSE you gotta have great electronics, but I can't imagine a fine piece from great wood and a quality luthier would put subpar electronics in it. That guitar looked pretty cool. Ibanez is up & down - just like Fender...you can find some REALLY nice ones and some clunkers.

I'm currently about a month away from having a CUSTOM GUITAR being finished...I simply cannot wait. I sold my Gibson ES335 for $2k and put it towards this beauty. You can see the up-to-date pictures of it at www.theCAUSEjams.com/photos at the BOTTOM OF THE PAGE under "PAPPY'S NEW GUITAR". The Luthier is master builder of stringed instruments, SB MacDonald - www.customguitars.com - and he is the MAN. We decided on a PRS/LP design, whereby using a top piece of tiger maple (that I've had for 10 years hoping to have a guitar built from) and a mahogany back. BUT, because SB & I both knew that this piece of maple was too sweet to only use the typical 1/8" face, we went with a full 3/4" top piece...the tiger stripes cascade down the sides...hard to tell, as it hasn't been sprayed w/ the clearcoat yet...but MAN...when it's done!!!

I will be putting more photos up as I get 'em.

If you ever consider a custom - this guy is where it's at.
www.theCAUSEjams.com

"Once in awhile, you can get shown the light in the strangest of places, if you look at it right." - R. Hunter

"If we had any nerve at all, if we had any real balls as a society, or whatever you need, whatever quality you need, real character, we would make an effort to really address the wrongs in this society, righteously." - Jerry Garcia
pappypgh

Postby alcorelectric » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:37 pm

Take a look at the ibanez studio for sale on ebay well worth the current price

alcorelectric
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby pappypgh » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:58 pm

Pretty sweet - bidding ends in an hour! Too bad the volume pot doesn't work....too bad I don't have the money, as I'd buy it! BUT....I'll have my day soon!!!
www.theCAUSEjams.com

"Once in awhile, you can get shown the light in the strangest of places, if you look at it right." - R. Hunter

"If we had any nerve at all, if we had any real balls as a society, or whatever you need, whatever quality you need, real character, we would make an effort to really address the wrongs in this society, righteously." - Jerry Garcia
pappypgh

Postby alcorelectric » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:14 am

Thought someone might be interested

ebay auction

T
alcorelectric
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Previous

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion