Pigtronix Envelope Phaser

Chat about Equipment Info

Pigtronix Envelope Phaser

Postby XxRouninxX » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:41 pm

anybody try this? This thing looks awesome, sounds like liquid (atleast in the clips)

http://www.pigtronix.com/products/EP-1.htm

Its like an envelope and a univibe in one pedal, but the envelope is phase instead of wah

on top of that ,you can add a couple of choice mods, like the brown switch which lets you run the leslie and envelope effects together, and the up/down switch which lets you change the direction of the sweep.

it even has a 'trigger input' that lets you dictate your phase mnodulation from an outside source (the webpage reccomends drumbeats and laptops. although id love to have that thing hooked up to a bassists output for some really synchronized psychedelia)

I'm practically drooling, but i hate buying effects i've never played, even if i've heard sound samples. of course none of the local stores carry it, so i cant try it.. but if its can combine my EMMA and MEGAVIBE into one box, with a new sound, thats whats up.

just seein if anybody else knows anything about it
"I reject your reality, and submit my own"
XxRouninxX
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Postby strumminsix » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:12 pm

Check out TheGearPage. I was drooling over this too. But was a bit discouraged there. From what I recall it was described as being a bit cheaply constructed and really a 1 trick pony.

Not sure if I believe that though.

Personally, I loved the clips!

IMO, it sounds like stacking an Envelope filter & Phaser.

I can get sounds like that with the Emma & PH350.
strumminsix

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion