Jerry's Pickup Config

Jerry's Pickup Config

Postby OhioBuckeye » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:27 pm

Why isn't Jerry's pickup config: HHS more common?

It seems to me that it would be very flexible. Give the total Humbucker sound plus a single coil. It doesn't really get much better than that I would think.

But I see almost every other config but HHS. HSS is common and would be nice but do you know of vendors that use HHS?

Thanks

OB
OhioBuckeye
tiger
tiger

Re: Jerry's Pickup Config

Postby waldo041 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:34 pm

OhioBuckeye wrote:Why isn't Jerry's pickup config: HHS more common?

It seems to me that it would be very flexible. Give the total Humbucker sound plus a single coil. It doesn't really get much better than that I would think.

But I see almost every other config but HHS. HSS is common and would be nice but do you know of vendors that use HHS?

Thanks

OB

actually jerry had coil cut switches for the humbuckers. he mainly liked the middle pickup and for the most part single coil mode. wolf later had parallel wiring without the single coil option, but parallel imho sounds very similiar to a single coil tone with a little more definition then straight single coil.

who know's why more don't use it. scott walker uses that config on some of his axes. http://www.scottwalkerguitars.com/

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby tigerstrat » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:36 pm

Good question. I've been wondering the same for a few years- you just NEVER see it!!! and I mean EVER! Guitars, replacement bodies, pickguards... they do not seem to exist aside from Jerry's guitars (and those of us taking gear cues directly from JG) ...wtf??? :-?
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby SpaceYrface43 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:43 pm

Rosebud and Lighting bolt both had three superII's so it always wasn't hhs. he also had the option with the use of a fue switches to make them single coil or obsolite. The resurrection bolt i have has the 3 super II's But i can also make them single if i want.
SpaceYrface43
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Return to The Think Tank