part of a song ive written

Postby strumminsix » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:41 pm

Love it! Dude, your voice is vintage folky!
Nice bass notes on guitar! Well done!
strumminsix

Postby Candyman421 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:50 pm

wow wasnt expecting that response, i appreciate it man a lot
"The flame from your stage has now spread to the floor"
Candyman421
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Postby shakedown_04092 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:02 pm

I second that! Man, sounds like you recorded this in 1941 or something, and I mean that in a good way! It really makes the song come through the way it's meant to (I think), and is very raw - don't hear that too often nowadays. Good work. And you do have a nice voice, so I'd keep on going down that road, see what else you may find.

Kick ass man! :cool: :smile:
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Postby spacehead333 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:31 am

just listened to the mysoace thing, and i really liked that song, has like a folky sound to it, i really enjoyed it.!
steal your face right off your head
http://www.myspace.com/reelfootmusic
spacehead333

Postby Shaggy » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:56 am

I like what I heard very much. :-)

Keep writing and enjoy it. Good luck...
Shaggy

Postby Candyman421 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:13 pm

i dont know if this is some kind of mean joke, but ive never been told i have a good voice, and i have been a closet player for some time now, but honestly just these few responses has given a lot more confidence in my playing and more importantly my singing, so i appreciate the responses very much THANKS
Candyman421
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Postby nicolasalk » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:26 pm

i liked it a lot, but i think is too repetitive, like i know you rideer or GDTRFB, all the time the same, im not saying is bad, but i would love a bridge like the one in brow eyed women: Tumble down shack in Big Foot county..., im not saying just like that, but a sweet bridge and then go back to the normal tune again

That would be great, for me

Just my opinion

anyway, a simple, but great song, loved it
nicolasalk
Jerry
Jerry

Postby strumminsix » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:55 pm

I was 100% sincere. Maybe you fall under the category that many players I know fall under... They have a great voice for their music where there is sincerity and passion under it but can't, yet, get that for others' music.
strumminsix

Postby shakedown_04092 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:00 pm

Candyman421 wrote:i dont know if this is some kind of mean joke, but ive never been told i have a good voice, and i have been a closet player for some time now, but honestly just these few responses has given a lot more confidence in my playing and more importantly my singing, so i appreciate the responses very much THANKS

I don't think we'd take kindly to folks like that. It's good, and you have a nice voice. Fit sthe acoustic well, very folky and old-timey. I like it a lot.
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Postby Candyman421 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:12 pm

Strummin said:
I was 100% sincere. Maybe you fall under the category that many players I know fall under... They have a great voice for their music where there is sincerity and passion under it but can't, yet, get that for others' music.

WOW! i couldnt have said that any better, i couldnt agree more with that, i think when i play out of my element i.e. phish, the songs dont come through the way they were meant to, but when i play songs like the boxer by paul simon, or dont think twice, they come off genuine and it doesnt seem like im forcin it. Neways thanks again and i will definitely continue to practice,
Candyman421
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Postby Rev_Roach » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:31 pm

sounds good. the sound of the recording does sound real old, but in a good way, kind like Mississippi John Hurt. sorry about the previous comment, looked a lot like GDTRFB on paper but now hearing it i can tell theres very little in common. cool song, great fingerpicking pattern you got
Rev_Roach
One More Saturday Night
One More Saturday Night

Postby bobbybobbob » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:36 pm

I dig it!! very nice sounding. i really like that old folk twang you got going on in there. very sincere.
bobbybobbob
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby krazyfingers » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:55 pm

Somebody listens to Dylan, wow dude thats real raw, i loved it, sounds like very old folky stuff, I was a little skeptical after all these good comments but thats the real deal, post some more shit up their :cool: :cool: :smile:
krazyfingers
bruce
bruce

Postby Django » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:23 am

Unfortunately I get blocked going to myspace or youtube here at the grind, I wish I could hear it.
A little off subject, but there is often a little sense of abashment when someone says that there is a murder or the like in their song. There is a new box set I saw reviewed in the NY Times called something like 'Murder and Mayham - late 1800s to the 1930s.'(wrong title I'm sure) about these same elements. Sounds like an interesting set.
Django
Bobby
Bobby

Postby Candyman421 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:29 pm

thank you all very much, nicola: i know the song is very repetetive and basic, my song writing skills are pretty weak and definitely needs a little umph to it, but i will continue to write, practice, practice and practice. thanks for listening all
Candyman421
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

PreviousNext

Return to The Think Tank