First Post

First Post

Postby pickin'my om » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:32 pm

Hey,

I'm happy to be writing in with my first post. I am a self taught (mostly) player. Lately I have been learning to Travis pick. I was hoping some one could give me some advice on a dvd lesson I was thinking about trying. Any one use or recommend the GD dvd by Fred Sokolow. I saw it in the Stefan Grossman book. I'd like to get an idea if its any good before I spring for the thirty bucks. Thanks for any help.
pickin'my om
welcome
welcome

Postby GratefulPat » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:34 pm

hello, and most dead dvd instructionals(if that is what that dvd you speak of is) are pretty good, but never heard of that specific one
Comes a time, when the blind man takes your hand and says "dont you see?"
GratefulPat

DVD

Postby pickin'my om » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:22 pm

Thanks for the reply. I may give it a shot anyway. I have another basic rock lesson from the same instructor that isn't bad. This one is titled " The music of the Grateful Dead arranged for fingerstyle guitar" If I get it I'll post a review.
pickin'my om
welcome
welcome

Postby GratefulPat » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:32 pm

one that helped me was by nate lapointe, he plays in ahh... i cant remember the name, but a dead cover, and he does a good instructional, breakin down jerrys, bobbys, riffs, chords, the solo, all of studio stuff, but its good for learnin the basis. i dont remember what its called but its by nate lapointe, it features china cat, ujb, shakedown, touch, fotd and so on, maybe someone else will know. theres also legendary licks dvds ive heard of, a matter of fact that may be what i have idk, search that one i said, ull like it
Comes a time, when the blind man takes your hand and says "dont you see?"
GratefulPat

Return to The Think Tank