The Wolf

Chat about Equipment Info

Postby caspersvapors » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:27 pm

tigerstrat wrote:Alembic doesn't make replica guitars.

The Further model is somewhat Wolf-like in its silhouette, and the Tribute model's is vaguely Tiger-like, but that's where the resemblance ends. Not to say they aren't fantastic guitars!! Our local guitar champ Scott Law absolutely smokes on his Further, which has the stock Alembic guts, and some very cool inlays... plays his through a Fender Pro Reverb.

Hey Casper, which October Winterland run, 74 or 78? (I'm guessing 74)

74, with the single coils
caspersvapors

Postby paulinnc » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:33 am

So who has posession of Jerry's Wolf? Is it Phil?

Also let's see some Wolves, I know there has got to be a whole pack of Wolf owners here.
paulinnc

Postby shakedown_04092 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:36 am

paulinnc wrote:So who has posession of Jerry's Wolf? Is it Phil?

Also let's see some Wolves, I know there has got to be a whole pack of Wolf owners here.

Bill Polian, owner of the Indianapolis Colts (who, by the way, are a bunch of crybaby queers and needed the NFL's & referees' help to win Satan Manning a Super Bowl)
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Postby tigerstrat » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:36 am

No, but it's been loaned to Phil in connection with Rex Foundation charity concerts.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby hogan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:15 am

[quote="shakedown_04092

Bill Polian, owner of the Indianapolis Colts (who, by the way, are a bunch of crybaby queers and needed the NFL's & referees' help to win Satan Manning a Super Bowl)[/quote]

I have to give that post a perfect 10.0 Not one item in it is true. Internet douchebaggery at its finest.
Remember folks, never let the facts get in the way of a good rant.
Honest to the point of recklessness.
PM me for a cab
http://www.facebook.com/workingmansdead
Happy customers (~);-} :
paulinnc, spaceyrface43, AKdead, chuckles, ebelgee, Quebee, Kennay, bomall01, NashvilleMike, Strumminsix,jx2638,Chutley, Adam Deckard, jkstraw, TennesseeJedi, deadhead1988, spacefunkologist, rmackenzie
hogan

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:49 am

Hogan -you have nice breasts. :shock:
Tennessee Jedi

Postby caspersvapors » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:14 pm

shakedown_04092 wrote:

Bill Polian, owner of the Indianapolis Colts (who, by the way, are a bunch of crybaby queers and needed the NFL's & referees' help to win Satan Manning a Super Bowl)

Bill Polian does not own Wolf, he owns Tiger

I believe it is unclear who really owns Wolf, I think it is someone close to the Dead, because the Wolf has showed up at certain concerts
caspersvapors

Postby waldo041 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:02 am

caspersvapors wrote:
shakedown_04092 wrote:

Bill Polian does not own Wolf, he owns Tiger

I believe it is unclear who really owns Wolf, I think it is someone close to the Dead, because the Wolf has showed up at certain concerts

Jim Irsay owns tiger and the Indianapolis Colts, and the owner of wolf is NON dead related. just a fan who loans it out to the family for special occasions. like rex benefits.

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby caspersvapors » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:26 pm

yeah sorry got those names mixed up, just assumed the OP had the name right to begin with

but wouldnt you consider that dead-related? a dead fan who loans the guitar to the band is what i consider dead related. as oppose to irsay
caspersvapors

Postby waldo041 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:09 pm

caspersvapors wrote:yeah sorry got those names mixed up, just assumed the OP had the name right to begin with

but wouldnt you consider that dead-related? a dead fan who loans the guitar to the band is what i consider dead related. as oppose to irsay

i was referring to someone actually in the grateful dead family, not a deadhead. but i guess your right, he has become part of the GD family now with his generosity. as far as irsay, he i believe is trying to actually send it on a tour. he is a true collector and hasn't even changed the strings on it. he also owns George Harrisons Gibson SG. i think also owns jack kerouac's "on the road" original transcript.

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby High Peaks » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:48 pm

He definitely owns the manuscript. There was a display at Skidmore college here in Saratoga about 6 years ago where they had the whole thing spread out in a glass case. My buddy and i read as much as we could, being a fan of the book.Cool stuff!!
High Peaks

Postby caspersvapors » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:58 pm

waldo041 wrote:
caspersvapors wrote:yeah sorry got those names mixed up, just assumed the OP had the name right to begin with

i was referring to someone actually in the grateful dead family, not a deadhead. but i guess your right, he has become part of the GD family now with his generosity. as far as irsay, he i believe is trying to actually send it on a tour. he is a true collector and hasn't even changed the strings on it. he also owns George Harrisons Gibson SG. i think also owns jack kerouac's "on the road" original transcript.

peace,
waldo

that rich fuck, and thats a $100k martin in his hands
caspersvapors

Postby shakedown_04092 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:27 pm

hogan wrote:I have to give that post a perfect 10.0 Not one item in it is true. Internet douchebaggery at its finest.
Remember folks, never let the facts get in the way of a good rant.

Well excuuuuuse me. Hey folks - I was was wrong....happens to me every once in a while, ever happen to you? But there were some true facts in my post, man - the Colts are a bunch of whiny bitches. But hey, I was in the ballpark, just got the wrong guitar and mixed up the owner with the GM. Not sure if I'd categorize it as "internet douchebaggery", but hey...

And PS - just because that dude's rich don't make him a "fuck", IMO. I don't know much about the guy, so I can't say. Who knows, maybe he is a a fuckhead, but I'll tell you what - if I had the money to buy Tiger, I sure as hell would've too.
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Postby caspersvapors » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:18 pm

do i actually think hes a fuck? i dont know, i dont know shit about the guy. i dont care if hes a fuck or not thats just the word i used to express my envy
caspersvapors

Postby waldo041 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:07 am

Jim Irsay is a pretty cool dude.

http://www.wishtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5674140

peace,
waldo
waldo041

PreviousNext

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion