Favorite Althea

Favorite Althea

Postby CEaston140001 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:26 pm

I was just wondering what some of your favorite live versions of Althea are, or what a good live version is.
CEaston140001
rukind?
rukind?
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:22 pm

Postby Rev_Roach » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:41 am

there was a fantastic youtube video of Althea posted here not too long ago, I just tried a quick search but couldn't turn it up. anyone remember?
Rev_Roach
One More Saturday Night
One More Saturday Night
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:16 am
Location: Long Island, NY

Postby nicolasalk » Mon May 07, 2007 2:06 pm

can anyone tell me a good version??

a very good one i've heard is 09-12.88
nicolasalk
Jerry
Jerry
 
Posts: 469
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: Chile

Postby caspersvapors » Mon May 07, 2007 2:21 pm

Rev_Roach wrote:there was a fantastic youtube video of Althea posted here not too long ago, I just tried a quick search but couldn't turn it up. anyone remember?


that one (from Rockpalast) was taken down, however a new one was posted last week thats just as good

http://youtube.com/watch?v=i7hDmdsD9d4


I consider myself an Althea connoisseur, my favorites:

3/23/87<---probably my favorite above all, Garcias guitar work makes other Altheas feel like chickenshit

10/27/91
10/14/83
Rockpalast 81

I also really like the one in the vid I posted
User avatar
caspersvapors
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:58 pm

Postby nicolasalk » Mon May 07, 2007 4:13 pm

caspersvapors wrote:
Rev_Roach wrote:there was a fantastic youtube video of Althea posted here not too long ago, I just tried a quick search but couldn't turn it up. anyone remember?


that one (from Rockpalast) was taken down, however a new one was posted last week thats just as good

http://youtube.com/watch?v=i7hDmdsD9d4


I consider myself an Althea connoisseur, my favorites:

3/23/87<---probably my favorite above all, Garcias guitar work makes other Altheas feel like chickenshit

10/27/91
10/14/83
Rockpalast 81

I also really like the one in the vid I posted


thanks that's what i wanted
nicolasalk
Jerry
Jerry
 
Posts: 469
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: Chile

Postby bodiddley » Tue May 08, 2007 8:21 am

Hell yea!...Too bad the sound isn't better on that video, but Jerry is just diggin' in the whole time. You can tell he's just antsy as hell to get the solo. Fat Man Rocks!
bodiddley
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1042
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:22 am
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

Postby caspersvapors » Thu May 17, 2007 11:40 pm

I just found a super hot althea, I like it even better than 10/27

7-19-90!!!! also check out the JS and China Doll, this whole show is a smoker
User avatar
caspersvapors
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:58 pm

Postby Jimkkc » Fri May 18, 2007 6:11 am

I've always been partial to 5/12/91 Shoreline. I don't know why - but like so many things in deadland, there isn't a whole lot of explanation.

It's kinda funny that this topic comes up today as my trio has a 35 minute time slot tonight at a local gig and Althea>Crossroads Blues will be our planned closer - (with our level of disorganization, we have to have a set list!)
Jimkkc
Pigpen
Pigpen
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:40 pm
Location: Kansas City

Right On!

Postby Laytonco » Fri May 18, 2007 11:58 am

Casper, you got that right. 3/23/87 is incredible. And how about the Iko. I don't think I've ever heard the crowd singing along that loudly! I'm going to download thisone for sure.
User avatar
Laytonco
Senior Member
 
Posts: 622
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:38 pm
Location: Denver

Postby CaptainTrips » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:26 pm

My clear favorite
3/28/81

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAjJ8NHvPz4

which seems to be the one that Caspersvapors was talking about. Just love it.
User avatar
CaptainTrips
Senior Member
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:11 am
Location: Phoenix

Postby BOUKINATOR » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:32 pm

Without A Net

Bob hit's this lick using his whammy bar right before the solo starts... just perfect
BOUKINATOR
Mickey
Mickey
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:40 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby wisedyes » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:38 am

Portland, Maine, I think October 10, 1983. I've only heard a so-so audience tape of it, but ohmyfreakinggod are Jerry and Bobby just absolutely WAILING on it. The hands down best slide Weir ever played, and Jerry just builds up to peak after peak during the ending solo. The emotion from both of them is just dripping all over the floor on that one.

What's really neat about my copy of the tape is that, every time the boys hit yet another peak, the crowd clearly responds with a huge "whoo!" Really, I love Althea, but I've never heard another version like this one.
Out of the loop? I didn't know there was a loop!
wisedyes
Magic Hand
Magic Hand
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:10 am
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby CaptainTrips » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:08 pm

wisedyes wrote:Portland, Maine, I think October 10, 1983. I've only heard a so-so audience tape of it, but ohmyfreakinggod are Jerry and Bobby just absolutely WAILING on it. The hands down best slide Weir ever played, and Jerry just builds up to peak after peak during the ending solo. The emotion from both of them is just dripping all over the floor on that one.

What's really neat about my copy of the tape is that, every time the boys hit yet another peak, the crowd clearly responds with a huge "whoo!" Really, I love Althea, but I've never heard another version like this one.

Im interested in this version . . . but according to Deadbase X, Althea was played on ( 9/11/83; 10/14/83 and 10/18/83)

:cry:
User avatar
CaptainTrips
Senior Member
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:11 am
Location: Phoenix

Postby wisedyes » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:33 pm

Checked my tape - 10/18/83. A must listen.
Out of the loop? I didn't know there was a loop!
wisedyes
Magic Hand
Magic Hand
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:10 am
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby CaptainTrips » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:37 pm

Thanks :smile:
User avatar
CaptainTrips
Senior Member
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:11 am
Location: Phoenix

Next

Return to Althea

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests