Thoughts On The Scene

Postby razmablues » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:01 pm

the shows i go (mainly just in california) people are usually minding their own business and dancing away. i'm pretty young fan (can't call myself a head cause i never saw the actual dead), but for me the worse is when someone tries to belittle me and takes my opinion on the performance as a joke just because i haven't seen jerry.

i wish i could have man, but i was kinda 6 years old when the poor ol' bastard passed, but i feel grateful everyday for the legacy in recordings that was left behind and i try to make the best of it.

i don't know it just gets to me, but thank god most heads are more understanding :smile: :D
razmablues
Mickey
Mickey

Postby justcoophere » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:49 pm

My gues is that there have always been assholes at shows even 40 years ago. People go to get only what they desire or are open to. I have seen some "assholes on acid" in my time. Nowadays I laugh, back then, I moved my seat. Disturbing but truthful. However, the vast majority of people I have met and seen, have been cool.
Think 95% not 5%.
justcoophere
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Postby revned_04 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:14 pm

i do find some of those people that will just be bitches but for the most part i meet chill, nice people that are just gonna be friendly.
revned_04
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby spacehead333 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:18 pm

i just saw the schwag, a grateful dead tribute. and there was some gay guy booing and got beat up, why go when ur just gonna boo
steal your face right off your head
http://www.myspace.com/reelfootmusic
spacehead333

Postby lostsailor8782 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:34 pm

Okay your saying nobodies dancing people bitchin, who exactly are you going to see, what is the scene ??? I have seen some freaking great shows this year ... an oddly assorted 30 or 40 ...
I only smoke it when I am awake... I promise
lostsailor8782
Bear
Bear

Postby krzykat » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:13 pm

in the last month I 've gone to see STS9 and Phil and everyone was shakin thier bones and noone was being an asshole just family out having a good time
krzykat

Postby Candyman421 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:17 pm

generally speaking i find that bands centered more around the song writing and song crafting carry much more of a crowd that is their for the music and are much kinder in general, as for the electronica like the sts9 i find it is a bunch a raving idiots their to get spun out of their minds and dont know one song from the next.

i really enjoy going to see local bands like one from milwaukee called chinese fingertrap because they have a great following of people actually into the music.

i also hate people (girls more often than not) that wear dead shirts, and dancin bear jewelry, and then when you put on brokedown palace they ask who it is and tell you that it sounds like crap (that has happened on more than one occasion, actually that same song) neways i enjoy concerts either way and the only people i really hate (i know harsh word) at concerts are the fuckin high school clans travelin in a group of 20 that are so fuckin annoying and they always seem to find me and surround me wherever i go, and the fuckin 16 yr old douchebag wearin his crisp phish shirt that he got for his birthday but cant name one song of theirs except farmhouse and bouncing around the room, and has no idea what the fuck gamehendge is, neways sorry about the rant

peace
"The flame from your stage has now spread to the floor"
Candyman421
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Postby gratephulphish123 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:19 pm

theres newbies and idiots in every crowd, i just kind of "oh i dont even know if bob'll play truckin man, he doesnt usually play that every night.......oh look someone to talk to bye"
gratephulphish123

We are all "newbies"...

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:24 pm

Remember- we were all newbies at one time.When I saw my 1st show in'86 we were called "touch of grey"heads.Putting labels on people sucks.
Tennessee Jedi

Postby krzykat » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:29 pm

Candyman421 wrote:generally speaking i find that bands centered more around the song writing and song crafting carry much more of a crowd that is their for the music and are much kinder in general, as for the electronica like the sts9 i find it is a bunch a raving idiots their to get spun out of their minds and dont know one song from the next.

i really enjoy going to see local bands like one from milwaukee called chinese fingertrap because they have a great following of people actually into the music.

i also hate people (girls more often than not) that wear dead shirts, and dancin bear jewelry, and then when you put on brokedown palace they ask who it is and tell you that it sounds like crap (that has happened on more than one occasion, actually that same song) neways i enjoy concerts either way and the only people i really hate (i know harsh word) at concerts are the fuckin high school clans travelin in a group of 20 that are so fuckin annoying and they always seem to find me and surround me wherever i go, and the fuckin 16 yr old douchebag wearin his crisp phish shirt that he got for his birthday but cant name one song of theirs except farmhouse and bouncing around the room, and has no idea what the fuck gamehendge is, neways sorry about the rant

peace

Why other poeple go to the show is no concern of mine! I go to hear good music and dance, and have a good time. The scene is what you make it. If you bring hate into it that is what you will get out of it.

all we ever wanted was to learn and love and grow
krzykat

Postby spacehead333 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:00 am

yeah but when people try and start shit it is no fun
steal your face right off your head
http://www.myspace.com/reelfootmusic
spacehead333

Postby Rev_Roach » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:11 am

Candyman421 wrote:sts9 i find it is a bunch a raving idiots their to get spun out of their minds and dont know one song from the next.

Sound tribe has more than one song? I could've sworn they were just like an on/off switch. :D
Rev_Roach
One More Saturday Night
One More Saturday Night

Postby krzykat » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:13 am

spacehead333 wrote:yeah but when people try and start shit it is no fun

what shows are you going to so I can avoid them :P
krzykat

Postby BigJilm » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:03 pm

You kno wut I hate more than nething tho? The drug dealers that show up in the parking lot and dont even go in the fucking show! N More often than not, they sell u fuckin paper and call it acid, and when the first sets over, and its raining, and ur still not tripping, thats a huge bummer (but then the second set comes along to cheer you up :)). Thats why I will not by drugs at concerts ever again. I also really hate the people that just show up as part of their image. This summer I saw ratdog with my friends, n after the show one of my friends said "that casey jones was fuckin sweet!" Bobby never played casey jones, my friend was referring to St. Stephen. god...
BigJilm
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby krzykat » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:24 pm

BigJilm wrote:You kno wut I hate more than nething tho? The drug dealers that show up in the parking lot and dont even go in the fucking show! N More often than not, they sell u fuckin paper and call it acid, and when the first sets over, and its raining, and ur still not tripping, thats a huge bummer (but then the second set comes along to cheer you up :)). Thats why I will not by drugs at concerts ever again. I also really hate the people that just show up as part of their image. This summer I saw ratdog with my friends, n after the show one of my friends said "that casey jones was fuckin sweet!" Bobby never played casey jones, my friend was referring to St. Stephen. god...

you should never do business with someone you don't know anyway
krzykat

PreviousNext

Return to The Think Tank