So, I've been noticing a distinct lack of....

So, I've been noticing a distinct lack of....

Postby wisedyes » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:00 am

...guitar playing or music playing related posts recently. What's up with that? That was always my favorite thing about this forum was it offered a chance to talk to other musicians that played the type of music we all love about how to play music.
Now not so much, it seems. Lot's of who's better than who type of things, or does DSO suck or not. Just my two cents, of course.
Out of the loop? I didn't know there was a loop!
wisedyes
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby AugustWest » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:18 am

I know that just last week of so I learned how to play cosmic charlie 1000 times better becuase of a post by billbill. So there still out there. I know if I have a theory or song question this is still the first place I go to ask. If you don't like the who's best topics. Don't read them and don't post on them. The music theory topics and gear topics are still around. The 90's bobby tone thread I would argue is a music related question as well.
AugustWest
Bobby
Bobby

Postby strumminsix » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:26 am

We are getting smarter :)
strumminsix

It's Cool

Postby Laytonco » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:30 am

Thsi site is ever changing and I like that. Try posting something non-gear related on a gear site and see what happens. I see this site as a living room I can go to to talk to fellow Dead friends about anything. So, all the topics are cool with me. Plus, over the last 5 years I have spent my children's tuition on gear and really can't afford anything else! So, I cant really talk gear topics now. Except....but wait, maybe I can!

Peace,

Gil
Laytonco

Postby b weird » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:32 am

I also can not stand the Who or What's best questions. In my opinion everything is better than something else in it's own special way. I also miss the music related topics.
b weird

Postby Benthegoodbum » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:35 am

Well then I guess you should make some.
When the going gets tough, the tough turn pro.
Benthegoodbum
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Re: So, I've been noticing a distinct lack of....

Postby jackr » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:36 pm

wisedyes wrote:...guitar playing or music playing related posts recently. What's up with that? That was always my favorite thing about this forum was it offered a chance to talk to other musicians that played the type of music we all love about how to play music.
Now not so much, it seems. Lot's of who's better than who type of things, or does DSO suck or not. Just my two cents, of course.

And this post is a perfect example of that! :-)

I just made a post recently about Jason Becker and almost no one commented on it or his talents. I also posted about Robben Ford and the same thing. Did you check them out or listen to thier guitar playing?
On tour '76 - '81
Clean & Sober since '87
jackr

Postby smile_smile_smile » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:21 pm

yea i just posted a question about jerry's midi sound in eyes of the world 3/29/90 the one with branford...jerry's guitar sounds like a wind instrument, or something, about 9:50....no one answered me fully....how bout you post about that?
golden rule: treat other people alright, other people will usually treat you cool.
smile_smile_smile
Mickey
Mickey

Return to The Think Tank