Show Downloading

Show Downloading

Postby b weird » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:21 am

I have been looking for 1971 Byrds shows to download and burn to CDs and I found a bunch on Sugarmegs.org and I was wondering if you can download these shows and burn them to CDs? Can this be done? If not where can I find a site where I can download and burn for free. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.
b weird

Postby Shaggy » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:32 am

71? Was that the Byrds' try to sound like the Dead era?

Can't help on the website front, would like to know of some myself. I don't trust half of them, mind. As soon as you think you are getting close to the downloading the song part they ask for your credit card details :x
Shaggy

Postby b weird » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:37 pm

71? Was that the Byrds' try to sound like the Dead era?
I guess they were kinda trying to sound like the Dead but they wern't totally copying them. I highly reccomend listening to them from late '69- '71 they were a lot better then then the pop Byrds of '64-'67. Also by that time ('68-'72) they had Clarence White playing with them and he was a REAL good picker. He was the best lead guitarist next to Jerry and Duane Allman. Yeah I'd like to burn some live Byrds but I can't find any good websites. Too bad none of their music is on Archive.org. :(
b weird

Postby strumminsix » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:38 pm

bit torrent music sites are almost all free and i know sugar megs is
strumminsix

Postby b weird » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:01 pm

I also know Sugarmegs is free but when i was at my library trying to download the show to burn it to a CD (my library's computer is WAY faster then my home computer) it played it like a big long song not individual songs. What you do is you find the show you want in this case I picked 7-21-71 you click the left mouse button twice to open the link, it then sends you to Windows Media Player where it procedes to play the show from beginning to end no beginning/end of song breaks. Also ypu can't put the show onto a CD at least not to my knowledge.
b weird

Postby owmmusic » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:35 pm

http://tela.sugarmegs.org/_asxtela/
or http://tela.sugarmegs.org/

This page says the following:

Download for use in 'mp3' players (Right click on .wma or .wmv files to download after clicking this link) Downloading hours are 5pm to 9am NY time and all weekend long.

And then has a list of shows. Right clicking on the shows now brings up Windows Media Player like you said. I haven't tried it yet, but apparently if you go on there at the listed times, you can instead download these shows. If this actually works, I'm guessing the songs will be individual instead of one continuous track. It probably just plays like that when it's in streaming format on the media player.
owmmusic
tiger
tiger

Return to The Think Tank