Request For Pain In My Heart

Request For Pain In My Heart

Postby ebick » Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:07 am

hey kids,
does anyone know the chords to "pain in my heart" by wilson pickett?
pig used to do it back in the early daze. i would love to learn it. it's on a troupers hall date in 66, i forget the month, but it's a sweet tune. or 'hey little one" jerry sings that at the same show. i 'm not sure who wrote that one. anyway, any hints would be great. see you on lot this summer....

Postby Bambu » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:52 am

also, I'm not sure, but wasn't this first recorded in Memphis by Otis Redding in '64? I could be wrong, not nitpicking though and this song definately deserves to be up here. Great Song! Of the first big 3 labels, Motown, Chess in Chitown and Stax in Memphis. Stax got the formula just right. Gotta love that Memphis sound.

Motown : too much rhythm, too little blues
Chess Records : All Blues, NO Rhythm
Stax Records(and that Memphis sound) : oh so sweet , just add a hammond b3 and some horns, and give it a splash of funk every now and then.
hell even Saturday Night Live copped their theme straight from the funky/bluesy Memphis sound. Not to mention all of the Memphis/ Stax veterans who were in the first SNL band/ Blues Brothers.

I have tons of early blues/ r&b / and classic rock just like this if anyone ever needs. I love this stuff!

Postby Bambu » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:16 pm

also there's a bm7 chord in there,if Im not mistaken. My rhythm player and I will go over it tonight just to be sure. It's "basically" a I-IV-V "blues style" progression with some walk-ups, minor-chord changes and a stop or three. =p

I'll try to post the tab/chords tonight or tomorow.

Regardless, great job Dale turning the people on, and thanks much amigo.

On a side note: Any chance we could get a Blues / R & B section added to the site here?

lol nevermind,...just took the time to look over the tab and it's pretty damn close,...b chords and all. Excellent job Dale.

get your hands outta your pockets...

Postby Kenny » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:21 pm

Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Return to The Think Tank