Alhambra?????

Alhambra?????

Postby ebick » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:06 pm

I recently downloaded 3/19/77 from Archive and whilst listenting to it noticed that they played a section of Terrapin that I'd never otherwise heard (or heard of) them performing live.

In the archive, I have it as Terrapin Transit. When I referred back to my trusty DeadBase, they have it listed as Alhambra, and state that it is the only performance of this.

Now, I may or may not have correctly identified the sections of Terrapin, but there's no listing for Alhambra on the CD.

Anyone have any ideas on this?
ebick

Re: Alhambra?????

Postby jhc » Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:09 pm

I believe Deadbase has it listed incorrectly. If you listen, to the show (which is actually 3/18/77) it's pretty clear they play Lady With a Fan -> Terrapin -> At a Siding (no lyrics) -> Terrapin Flyer -> Drums....

Here is a good explanation of where Alhambra came from:
http://www3.clearlight.com/~acsa/introj ... HAMBRA.HTM
jhc
Keith
Keith

Postby salperta » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:51 am

Sorry about that seemingly non-sequitor post. I meant to post it elsewhere, but i couldn't do it iguess. I'm not very computer-savvy. Apologies and respect.
With Peace,
Saul
Last edited by salperta on Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
salperta
welcome
welcome

Postby strumminsix » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:42 pm

Ed, don't you mean 3/18/77?

Set 1 Promised Land, Mississippi Half Step, It's All Over Now, Sugaree, Minglewood Blues, Peggy-O, Cassidy, Scarlet Begonias-> Fire On The Mountain

Set 2 Samson & Delilah, Brown Eyed Women, Good Lovin', Ship of Fools, Estimated Prophet, Terrapin Station-> Alhambra-> Drums-> Not Fade Away-> Saint Stephen-> Around & Around, E: Uncle John's Band

This show is regarded as the most complete Terrapin played.
strumminsix

Postby ebick » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:57 pm

That's the one.
ebick

Re: Alhambra?????

Postby gr689 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:25 am

jhc, your "dead" wrong!! You better listen to this http://www.archive.org/details/gd77-03-18.sbd.unknown.254.sbeok.shnf; at a siding crap live, but he did play it here at the very place you say where he did :hail: Your the man, I truly never thought they played this shite live not even once but my shit was handed to me, your the man. Your a truly true dead head dork who knows his stuff way more than I. I thought knowing that they played, if I had the world to give live was my deadhead dorky knowledge but you got some chops kid. I seriously never thought they played this junk live, i'm glad they did and it wasn't only P&F's and or Ratty ratfrog. CHeers mate for the enlightenment. I don't know where this alhambra junk came from cause its exactamundo what you said it was is. Cheers matey on being a gratefully dead dork, your awesome mostits!
gr689
welcome
welcome

Return to Terrapin Station