Best Live Cassidys

Best Live Cassidys

Postby nicolasalk » Sat May 26, 2007 3:01 pm

The 10/10/76 cassidy is exeptional for me.
Which others are remarkable??
nicolasalk
Jerry
Jerry
 
Posts: 469
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: Chile

Postby shakedown_04092 » Sat May 26, 2007 3:53 pm

I love the acoustic Cassidy they do on "Dead Ahead". I think it's Dead Ahead. Either that it's the one from the 10/31 show during that run, I can't remember. Anyways, it's sweet to hear acoustic.
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

Image
shakedown_04092
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1225
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 11:51 am
Location: Portland, ME

Postby tigerstrat » Sat May 26, 2007 6:05 pm

Yes, the 1980 acoustic set renditions are super special and tasty.

I also love the 1976 early arrangement with the... more straightup mixolydian(? I think, just taking a stab) more major-y jam rather than the later dark Lydian craziness. 6/29/76 stands out in my mind as a really bright crispy one.

This song however, is one of the few imho that actually reached its peak in late 80's, stretching furthur than before, and going to some places of great power. Personal highlight: 7/15/88 (with the "T.J. Hooker" OctaPad sounds lol) ah, afternoon at the Greek!
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
User avatar
tigerstrat
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4631
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:20 pm
Location: Portland,OR

Postby shakedown_04092 » Sat May 26, 2007 7:26 pm

tigerstrat wrote:I also love the 1976 early arrangement with the... more straightup mixolydian(? I think, just taking a stab) more major-y jam rather than the later dark Lydian craziness. 6/29/76 stands out in my mind as a really bright crispy one.


Hmmm...I always thought the jam at the end was in a minor...say Em? I thought they jammed on Em until they hit the big B chord for 4 measures that signled they were going back into the "flight of the seabirds" part. Am I way off base here? Geez...well, I've been wrong before. If not, what is it in/how does it go?
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

Image
shakedown_04092
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1225
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 11:51 am
Location: Portland, ME

Postby bodiddley » Sun May 27, 2007 9:02 am

I dig the later era ones with Brent. I love the jam part toward the end, right before the reprise where it feels like the music turns "inside out" for lack of a better description, I'd love it when the boys did that. It was a cool musical hat trick, Anyone else know what I'm talking about?
bodiddley
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1042
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:22 am
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

Postby shakedown_04092 » Sun May 27, 2007 9:09 am

bodiddley wrote:I dig the later era ones with Brent. I love the jam part toward the end, right before the reprise where it feels like the music turns "inside out" for lack of a better description, I'd love it when the boys did that. It was a cool musical hat trick, Anyone else know what I'm talking about?


That's the B part that I just mentioned above.
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

Image
shakedown_04092
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1225
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 11:51 am
Location: Portland, ME

Postby nicolasalk » Sun May 27, 2007 11:50 am

shakedown_04092 wrote:
bodiddley wrote:I dig the later era ones with Brent. I love the jam part toward the end, right before the reprise where it feels like the music turns "inside out" for lack of a better description, I'd love it when the boys did that. It was a cool musical hat trick, Anyone else know what I'm talking about?


That's the B part that I just mentioned above.


OH yes i love it!!
nicolasalk
Jerry
Jerry
 
Posts: 469
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: Chile

Postby sack the wack » Thu May 22, 2008 7:52 pm

Just driving back from a mini road trip late for work and was listening to the Radio City Halloween show and it's got that inside-out sound to it. Hadn't listened to that in awhile and had to play it 3X. Almost sounds like someone (can't tell who) calls out the change at the end of the jam, twice even, or they could have been stuck all night. Very intense version. I like fiendish as a descriptor. Somebody said dark. Same thing.
sack the wack
Pigpen
Pigpen
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:10 pm

Postby bucketorain » Fri May 23, 2008 7:44 am

3-30-88
3-28-90
7-12-90
9-14-90
Image
YOU KNOW IT'S GONNA GET STRANGER
www.otrpresents.ca
User avatar
bucketorain
Magic Hand
Magic Hand
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:58 pm
Location: Hamilton ON


Return to Cassidy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests