What kind of gear does everyone have?

What kind of gear does everyone have?

Postby jahozer » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:43 pm

For the first time in my life, I am really happy with my tone. I got back into the older analog effects recently. Right now I am playing '79 Gibson 335 (custom lefty)>Boss CS2>dunlop crybaby>Boss EQ>Korg Ax1G>analogman silver TS9>arion octave>Boss DD5 delay>ampeg superjet 12t 50w.
The analogman ts9 is just cream. I can't say enough about it. I also love my DD5 cause it has tap tempo.
What are y'all playin?
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best.- the girl from the bus
jahozer
Bobby
Bobby

Postby deadhed330 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:35 pm

im fairly new to guitar, roughly 2.5 years. right now i have a ESP strat from mid 70's, pignose hog 20 for amp, normal dunlop wah at my moms and at my dads(musician) i play a variety of stuff. danelectro, gibson 67 330, modulus tele, for amps a mesa boogie, Fender twin reverb, rat pedal, another wah, digital delay.
lol anyways, bunch of fun stuff to play with and expirement.
deadhed330

Postby stonemountain » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:48 pm

I've got a black Fender Squier Affinity Stratocaster with a white pickguard and an ebony fretboard. I've got a 25 watt Behringer Modeling Amp (Not a bad little amp). My acoustic is a single cutaway dreadnought S101 guitar. I took a chance and won it on ebay for $35! dollars plus shipping. Best move I ever made. The guitar is a dream to play with great action. I'm going to need an acoustic soundhole pickup and probably an amp with greater wattage once the band I'm in graduates to playing gigs out in the world.
stonemountain
tiger
tiger

Postby Sunset » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:48 pm

Also fairly new to guitars (3 yrs) I play a Washburn WI-64DL through a Roland Cube 30...just sweet as it is...no pedals or efx, just the clean driving tone. I also picked up a Strat yesterday to get the blues sound I've craved for a while. And for the soul of any musician (IMO) I have a Fender GC acoustic with a beautiful midnight blue finish...
Sunset
welcome
welcome

Postby itsme! » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:34 pm

haha well guys i would have to say im a fairly new guitarist aswell(3 months) but i am extremly interested in what all the stuff that you guys have does.....what does it all mean...can anyone help me...ive just got an accoustic and i love it but i really want an electric and so im working on getting the money but i would like to have some idea of what im buying ....so do you think maybe any of you know somewhere i can really find out about all this stuff or maybe you could help me...

thanks anyway
why not?
itsme!
rukind?
rukind?

Postby Bean » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:54 pm

Been playing since I was 11.. so 6 years this June! :shock:

My old guitar (Fender Strat) was stolen two years ago, so I had to settle for a Squire Strat (fucking sucks... but at least it works). My brother and I want to buy a real old Telecaster from our friend's brother, I have to test it out before we buy it, but from just fooling around with it, I really like it.
Please don't murder me.
Bean
bruce
bruce

Postby Cosmic C » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:57 pm

I started with a Squier Bullet (strat) when I was in 7th grade. Still have that baby, use it mostly in open tuning for slide and stuff. Currtently and have been using an Ibanez Artist Deluxe for about 8 years
Truckin' in style along the avenue.....
Cosmic C
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Postby strumminsix » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:55 am

I love my tone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guitar: Jackson Soloist SLSMG
Preamp & Effects: Line 6 XT series (using the old Plexi sim for preamp)
Power amp = TubeWorks 1160
Speakers = 2 12" Eminence Cannibas Rex
Cabs = 2 12" closed backs

I am happy.
strumminsix

Postby jhc » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:37 pm

OK, I'll play... ;)

Gibson Les Paul Standard

Traynor YVC40WR amp (great, inexpensive tube combo)

And I'll use various combinations of the following

Ernie Ball volume pedal
Boss TU-2 tuner
Vox 847 Wah
Tubeworks Blue Tube overdrive
Ibanez DE-7 Delay - getting rid of it, and getting:
EHX Deluxe Memory Man Delay

Also use a cheap Washburn acoustic-electric, and a cheaper ($60 new!) lap steel which I just purchased and barely know how to use.
jhc
Keith
Keith

My Current Gear

Postby ArdeeBlues » Mon May 09, 2005 7:42 am

OK, here is what I'm using now:

Black Tele(mim) not sure of year
Stagnitto 00 size Mahogony flat-top
Dannnelectro Daddy-O overdrive pedal
Aria Compressor pedal

I play the Tele thru a '83 Peavey Classic VTX
65w 2x12. Ridiculously LOUD amp, but WTH.

I use a Roctron Rampage R122C for the acoustic - only on the clean channel. This amp has chorus, which is nice for acoustic. It also has a killer Drive ch, but not for acoustic! feedback!

The Stagnitto is a custom made 00 size, Mahogony back/sides, spruce top. This guitar is amazing. Always in tune!Looks like a little Martin, but sounds way better than any Martin I have ever played. The guy makes them as a hobby!!!

I also have a Gibson SG "Beauty"(3 HB) that is on lay-way. I should have it paid off by summer. Can't wait!

I play mostly folk, pop and blues. Been practising for about 30 yrs. and I might learn to play someday :roll:
ArdeeBlues
welcome
welcome

Postby jahozer » Mon May 09, 2005 8:41 am

itsme! wrote:haha well guys i would have to say im a fairly new guitarist aswell(3 months) but i am extremly interested in what all the stuff that you guys have does.....what does it all mean...can anyone help me...ive just got an accoustic and i love it but i really want an electric and so im working on getting the money but i would like to have some idea of what im buying ....so do you think maybe any of you know somewhere i can really find out about all this stuff or maybe you could help me...

thanks anyway

http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/
Awesome site. Don't worry about too much. Learn your instrument first. Most of your tone comes from your fingers. As your addiction takes hold, you will part with more money on gear... :smile:
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best.- the girl from the bus
jahozer
Bobby
Bobby

Postby waldo041 » Thu May 19, 2005 11:21 am

my first post here, so i wanted to go ahead and post my rig. here it goes.

Mexican Fender strat w/ carvin twinblade humbuckers
bridge and middle pickups coil tap and jerry's effects loop with unity gain buffer.

the effects loop goes to a GCX audio switcher for the switching of the effects. which are:

mutron III
phase 100 script
distortion+ script
boss OC-2
mxr analog delay
DIY tubescreamer (handmade by me)
ADA 2 fx (digital delay/chorus/flanger)
Kenwood Quadrixer(spring reverb)

thru a
behringer V-Amp Pro preamp(i use the blackface setting)
thru a
GAS Son Of Ampzilla amplifier
to
3- 10" old speakers(this is the next upgrade)

a picture without the quadrixer can be seen here.

http://thehydrophonics.tripod.com/waldobio.htm

i cheaply built my own rack and speaker cabinet, so please no harsh criticism. enjoy, waldo
waldo041

Postby jhc » Thu May 19, 2005 12:15 pm

That's pretty awesome...

that pedalboard is Jerry-licious :)
jhc
Keith
Keith

Postby waldo041 » Thu May 19, 2005 5:28 pm

jhc wrote:That's pretty awesome...

that pedalboard is Jerry-licious :)

Thanks jhc! :cool:
you see the direction i was going. hey i see you live in chi town. whereabouts? i am in the burbs(lansing). peace, waldo
waldo041

Postby strumminsix » Fri May 20, 2005 9:07 am

Another Chi-Town guy here! I live in Hoffman Estates.
It's NW suburb near Schaumburg about 10 miles W or O'Hare.

Waldo, I think out paths' may have crossed before.
Were you looking to join a GD tribute last year around this time?
strumminsix

Next

Return to Guitar