add a phish phorum?

add a phish phorum?

Postby navajo » Tue May 22, 2007 9:11 am

anyone think we could benefit for a single phorum to discuss phish jams, how we play them, great shows, etc., etc.? i do.
navajo
Rosebud
Rosebud

Postby spilly » Tue May 22, 2007 9:27 am

go to Emil's phish tabs. It's a site like this only Phish related
spilly
Bear
Bear

Postby strumminsix » Tue May 22, 2007 9:39 am

spilly wrote:go to Emil's phish tabs. It's a site like this only Phish related

Here's Emil's wonderful site:
http://emilstabs.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

He's a great guy! But I don't see a forum for discussion.
strumminsix

Postby tigerstrat » Tue May 22, 2007 12:02 pm

I'm phor it.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby ker1227 » Tue May 22, 2007 12:09 pm

im gonna flat out say it , I hate phish, BUT, i think we could all broaden our horizon a little from a fish phorum
ker1227
Billy
Billy

Postby Pigpen » Tue May 22, 2007 1:04 pm

Id like a Phish forum, for me Treys playing is harder to get sometimes.
Simple enough
Pigpen
Billy
Billy

Postby squire758 » Tue May 22, 2007 1:14 pm

I would definately vote for a phish forum. personally i like phish alot, and as a musician i feel like i learned alot from them too. I think they are worth mention in any jam band forum. but being this a Grateful Dead music forum this ones up to the admins
squire758
Jester
Jester

Postby navajo » Tue May 22, 2007 1:37 pm

spilly wrote:go to Emil's phish tabs. It's a site like this only Phish related

Yeah, I know Emil's page. I prefer to use strangedesign.org (since I don't think a wiki is a good way to present tabs).

However, both Emil's and strangedesign don't have places where members can discuss the jams, and neither does week4paug. I thought we should get it going. Although this is not a democracy, it seems as a community we are leaning towards yes, let's get a phish phorum?
navajo
Rosebud
Rosebud

Postby st. stephen » Tue May 22, 2007 1:56 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPUm4Yk8b7c&mode=related&search=
that sais it all... a great band. A forum would be intersting..
Could jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?
-Homer Simpson-
st. stephen
Mickey
Mickey

Postby st. stephen » Tue May 22, 2007 1:59 pm

^^ man i watched it again, trey's first lead...man he's a good guitar player :cool:
Could jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?
-Homer Simpson-
st. stephen
Mickey
Mickey

Postby ebick » Tue May 22, 2007 2:09 pm

My opinion, FWIW, is that if there is a popular Phish page that has a forum, then that's where it belongs. However, if there is no such place, than I have no objection to a General Phish forum. But certainly not to the extent that we have here with the Dead. That is, not a one-to-one of forums to songs. Just "Phish-Talk", for example, then the Subjects could include a song name or whatever.

Just my $0.02
Ed

First Show - 5/5/77
Last Show - 3/28/93
ebick

Postby tigerstrat » Tue May 22, 2007 2:49 pm

ebick wrote:My opinion, FWIW, is that if there is a popular Phish page that has a forum, then that's where it belongs. However, if there is no such place, than I have no objection to a General Phish forum. But certainly not to the extent that we have here with the Dead. That is, not a one-to-one of forums to songs. Just "Phish-Talk", for example, then the Subjects could include a song name or whatever.

Just my $0.02

I believe www.therhombus.com is the Phish jams/theory/TAB giant forum... But I don't frequent there, and still think it would be pretty cool to have at least a single catch-all Phish topic for this site. But I understand if the decision is no. Besides, you'd probably have as many people posting about how much they hate Phish as those genuinely wanting to discuss... which would be an effing drag, given how relatively troll-free this board has been.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby strumminsix » Tue May 22, 2007 3:46 pm

tigerstrat wrote:
ebick wrote:My opinion, FWIW, is that if there is a popular Phish page that has a forum, then that's where it belongs. However, if there is no such place, than I have no objection to a General Phish forum. But certainly not to the extent that we have here with the Dead. That is, not a one-to-one of forums to songs. Just "Phish-Talk", for example, then the Subjects could include a song name or whatever.

Just my $0.02

I believe www.therhombus.com is the Phish jams/theory/TAB giant forum... But I don't frequent there, and still think it would be pretty cool to have at least a single catch-all Phish topic for this site. But I understand if the decision is no. Besides, you'd probably have as many people posting about how much they hate Phish as those genuinely wanting to discuss... which would be an effing drag, given how relatively troll-free this board has been.

TheRhombus got shut down.

The closest thing there is to a Phish discussion area is http://phishhook.com/

Mostly chitchat but still a site dedicated to Phish.

The Phish crowd is a different one than the GD's. Similar but different. I'd imagine that the best thing for us to do would be to supply enough of a Phish community here to fulfill the needs of the Deadheads who are here and like Phish but keep it small and low-key enought to not have the place overrun by PhishHeads.

But how we do that, well I don't have that answer....
strumminsix

Postby jck_strw » Wed May 23, 2007 9:59 am

http://db.etree.org/jck_strw - Tapelist
-----
"Now get back to the stands before I shave off half your mustache and shove it up your left nostril. "
Bad News Bears
jck_strw

Postby shakedown_04092 » Wed May 23, 2007 11:02 am

Guys -

There IS a Phish forum already in place at strangedesign.org

check it out:

http://forums.strangedesign.org/index.php

I say we keep/use THAT one, and leave this one for the Dead. Just my 2 cents.
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Next

Return to Frequently asked questions