Power Jacks?

Chat about Equipment Info

Power Jacks?

Postby BlobWeird » Fri May 18, 2007 2:23 pm

Anyone know if there are kits out there for pedal power jacks? Or just cheaper jacks out there somewhere? I need like 4 more jacks but they are like $20 from boss and i know they are cheaper out there somewhere. Makin one couldnt be that hard right? just need to know the exact voltage and resistance needed.
BlobWeird

Postby tigerstrat » Fri May 18, 2007 2:44 pm

You could always get one of those cable end adapters from Visual Sound. They have one that goes from a 9v coaxial plug at one end to a 9v battery clip on thje other end. So you just connect the 9v P/S right to the battery clip. They cost like $3. They also have Line 6, reverse-polarity, and mini-plug adapters.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Re: Power Jacks?

Postby shakedown_04092 » Fri May 18, 2007 5:15 pm

BlobWeird wrote:Anyone know if there are kits out there for pedal power jacks? Or just cheaper jacks out there somewhere? I need like 4 more jacks but they are like $20 from boss and i know they are cheaper out there somewhere. Makin one couldnt be that hard right? just need to know the exact voltage and resistance needed.

I have a Boss Chromatic Tuner (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=213012) that doubles as a power supply for up to 8 additional pedals. That may solve some of your problem. They make power supplies that will supply up to 8 pedals (I think, I don't own one, but have looked at them). Check any music store or online store.
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion