Some Sound Samples From My New Rig

Postby waldo041 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:47 pm

Sounds awesome, wish I could download them to use as backing tracks to play along with!

~waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2830
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 10:58 am
Location: Indiana

Re: Some Sound Samples From My New Rig

Postby JDB30 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:12 pm

playingdead wrote:
JDB30 wrote:https://soundcloud.com/jdb30/lost-sailor



Can you teach my rhythm guitar player how to play Lost Sailor? Hell, can you teach me? Post up a video of that!


Happy to. It's just a bunch of jazz chords. :)
JDB30
Brent
Brent
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:12 pm

Re:

Postby JDB30 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:14 pm

waldo041 wrote:Sounds awesome, wish I could download them to use as backing tracks to play along with!

~waldo


If you tell me what you want, I'll record a track for you to play along to. It'll give me a challenge. "I beg you call the tune."
JDB30
Brent
Brent
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:12 pm

Re: Some Sound Samples From My New Rig

Postby JDB30 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:17 pm

playingdead wrote:
JDB30 wrote:https://soundcloud.com/jdb30/lost-sailor



Can you teach my rhythm guitar player how to play Lost Sailor? Hell, can you teach me? Post up a video of that!


By the way, having watched some of the clips you recently posted, your rhythm player is really good---I'm sure he could figure it out. He seems to know his stuff. And he's got "the moves like Bobby." Maybe there's a hit song in that line?
JDB30
Brent
Brent
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:12 pm

Re: Re:

Postby waldo041 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:31 pm

JDB30 wrote:
waldo041 wrote:Sounds awesome, wish I could download them to use as backing tracks to play along with!

~waldo


If you tell me what you want, I'll record a track for you to play along to. It'll give me a challenge. "I beg you call the tune."


cool, off the top of my head....

Hell in a Bucket
Picasso Moon
Lost Sailor>Saint of Circumstance
and any others you are willing to lay down!

you can email me if you want to keep things copyright protected.

Thanks!

~waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2830
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 10:58 am
Location: Indiana

Re: Some Sound Samples From My New Rig

Postby mgbills » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:55 pm

Those really are great!

They are very professional. Like a "Best of Bob" lifted out of a multi-track.

I'm sure you create a studio project making those available for a "reasonable" fee. I'd bite.

Peace
M
"Hi Ho...the Carrion Crow...FoldeRoldeRiddle"
User avatar
mgbills
Senior Member
 
Posts: 843
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:04 pm
Location: The Northwest Corner

Re: Some Sound Samples From My New Rig

Postby JDB30 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:04 pm

mgbills wrote:Those really are great!

They are very professional. Like a "Best of Bob" lifted out of a multi-track.

I'm sure you create a studio project making those available for a "reasonable" fee. I'd bite.

Peace
M


Thanks. Not interested in making $ off of someone else's work. It's more about paying tribute.
JDB30
Brent
Brent
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:12 pm

Re: Re:

Postby JDB30 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:43 pm

waldo041 wrote:
JDB30 wrote:
waldo041 wrote:Sounds awesome, wish I could download them to use as backing tracks to play along with!

~waldo


If you tell me what you want, I'll record a track for you to play along to. It'll give me a challenge. "I beg you call the tune."


cool, off the top of my head....

Hell in a Bucket
Picasso Moon
Lost Sailor>Saint of Circumstance
and any others you are willing to lay down!

you can email me if you want to keep things copyright protected.

Thanks!

~waldo


Waldo, I've got most of this worked out and ready to record. I'm literally on a plane to London though so I will do it when I get back next week. I enjoyed the challenge and it gave me some new insight and appreciation into some songs that I wasn't overly familiar with. I've got something special for you on Hell In A Bucket (clue--it should be called "Exile in a Bucket."). PM me so I know how to get 'me to you when they're ready. Also, are you looking for a full track with drums, bass & keys, too, or just the rhythm guitar track that you can jam on top of? If the former, I'll need to send to my brother to program before I play the rhythm guitar parts.

JB
JDB30
Brent
Brent
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:12 pm

Re: Some Sound Samples From My New Rig

Postby flyingheelhook » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:43 am

So, JB, if you, uh, don't mind sharing with some of us other folks, I'm interested too!
User avatar
flyingheelhook
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:09 am
Location: Rockville, MD

Re: Some Sound Samples From My New Rig

Postby JDB30 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:22 am

flyingheelhook wrote:So, JB, if you, uh, don't mind sharing with some of us other folks, I'm interested too!


I'll let it be Waldo's call. I'm gonna send the tracks to Him when they're done and he can do whatever he likes with 'em.
JDB30
Brent
Brent
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:12 pm

Re: Some Sound Samples From My New Rig

Postby hippieguy1954 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:22 pm

That's odd
Jim

First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
User avatar
hippieguy1954
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1356
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:29 pm
Location: Upstate, NY

Re: Some Sound Samples From My New Rig

Postby flyingheelhook » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:32 pm

works for me, Waldo ole buddy ole pal!
User avatar
flyingheelhook
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:09 am
Location: Rockville, MD

Re: Some Sound Samples From My New Rig

Postby hippieguy1954 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:26 pm

flyingheelhook wrote:works for me, Waldo ole buddy ole pal!


Yea, that oughta work! :lol:
Jim

First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
User avatar
hippieguy1954
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1356
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:29 pm
Location: Upstate, NY

Re: Some Sound Samples From My New Rig

Postby JDB30 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:29 pm

Hey Guys (especially Waldo),

I haven't forgotten about the practice tracks. After I got back from London, I had to have surgery on my stomach to fix a rare condition that was actually potentially life threatening. I'm home now and the surgeon thinks he's fixed everything. Just in a lot of pain and haven't felt up to recording yet. In the meantime, my amazingly talented brother made an entire drum/bass/keys track to Hell In A Bucket for me to lay the rhythm guitar on. HIAB was not previously one of my favorite Dead songs but, having woodshed the guitar parts prior to going into the hospital, I do have to say that I've come to really appreciate the song, especially the lyrics and BW's vocal.

Anyway, the drugs have kicked in and I'm watching soccer waiting for the pain to subside. I promise I'll get to this as soon as I feel up to it and you won't be disappointed. I know exactly what I want to do on it.

By the way, having worked with my brother remotely on this (he lives in Chicago and I in LA), it actually got me thinking that it might be really fun those of us on this board to do some collaborative recording together. Maybe we could pick a few songs and people could volunteer for certain parts? Anyway, just a (narcotics-aided) idea. Perhaps it's too altruistic but I thought it would be worth putting out there to see if anyone had any thoughts.

Waldo, I'll have your first track for you soon--I promise. Thanks for understanding.
JDB30
Brent
Brent
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:12 pm

Re: Some Sound Samples From My New Rig

Postby mkaufman » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:53 pm

Lost Sailor track is missing from SoundCloud...

mk
THE best way to score gear: http://www.auctionstud.com

For discounts on extended Dell warranties: http://www.advantech-ny.com/DellComputerWarranty/
mkaufman
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1407
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:26 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Bobby Tone

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 0 guests