Garcia's pedal order?

Re: Garcia's pedal order?

Postby mgbills » Tue May 20, 2014 7:15 pm

On the subject of Mr. Wald…and I've probably typed this before in some manner.

Mr. Wald has served all of us as a concentrator of knowledge through diligence, persistence, and a willingness to find and court the knowledgable. I do not (in any way) wish to diminish the contribution of others. I can say honestly that I've spent an evening with Dan Healy (just one of the characters that Mike has cavorted with) and he does not endure much repetition or idiocy. If I'd discovered this board before I met him, I'd have probably tried to pick his brain…and he likely would've blown me right the f*&K off.

I'm don't consider myself a Waldo acolyte, but I do consider him a friend. I do have enough vision to recognize a freakin' huge contribution when I read one. How many phone calls & emails do you think Healy, Rick Turner, Mr. Brawer, Cutler, RRHOF, and countless others would've taken from us fuggas? My guess is not very many.

And how many here has he helped diagnose their first buffer install???

For what it's worth…
Peace
"Hi Ho...the Carrion Crow...FoldeRoldeRiddle"
mgbills

Postby TI4-1009 » Wed May 21, 2014 5:07 am

Define "acolyte".
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby tcsned » Wed May 21, 2014 5:21 am

TI4-1009 wrote:Define "acolyte".

A follower of sorts
tcsned

Postby Searing75 » Wed May 21, 2014 6:06 am

So.................this series 2000 Dist +. Anyone using one? It looks like a tubescreamer circuit to me? Same chip I believe?

Also, last night at band practice, I put the dist +, OD 1, and OD2 in front of the Octave and Mutron, and it sounded great! Especially the Octave pedal. And, I was able to add a touch of overdrive to the mutron and it worked well.

Chris
All's well that sounds well.
Searing75
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby waldo041 » Wed May 21, 2014 6:22 am

Searing75 wrote:So.................this series 2000 Dist +. Anyone using one? It looks like a tubescreamer circuit to me? Same chip I believe?

Also, last night at band practice, I put the dist +, OD 1, and OD2 in front of the Octave and Mutron, and it sounded great! Especially the Octave pedal. And, I was able to add a touch of overdrive to the mutron and it worked well.

Chris

Yes, the only debate with it is whether he used output 1 or output 2. The latter having the wet/dry function. But as you noted it is more Tubescreamer or an Overdrive type of effect and in that position in his pedal order was an Overdrive not a Distortion even though that is what MXR labeled it. The other thing is it is tone sucking pig in bypass mode, true bypass this one if you do use it.

~waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby waldo041 » Wed May 21, 2014 6:26 am

tcsned wrote:

A follower of sorts

Thanks Marty, but there are no Waldo acolytes, only Jerry Heads. For some reason I have just been blessed in receiving the info I pass along. 8)

~waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby tcsned » Wed May 21, 2014 7:09 am

waldo041 wrote:
tcsned wrote:

A follower of sorts

Thanks Marty, but there are no Waldo acolytes, only Jerry Heads. For some reason I have just been blessed in receiving the info I pass along. 8)

~waldo

The Oracle :hail: :hail: :hail:

Awesome profile pic btw
tcsned

Postby tatittle » Wed May 21, 2014 8:56 am

Define "fugga' 8)
tatittle
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Location: NJ via Bklyn; Detroit; Charleston; Boulder; Miami; D.C.; etc

Postby TI4-1009 » Wed May 21, 2014 9:21 am

A watered-down aco?
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

TI4-1009

Postby TI4-1009 » Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

tcsned wrote:

A follower of sorts

So.... you're saying Waldo is a "sort"??? What sort of sort?

TI4-1009

Postby mgbills » Wed May 21, 2014 12:15 pm

Fugga...

This is a Marty-ism...or maybe I picked it up on the road. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

You folks are all pals. Even though we don't tip many frosties, share tasty yum-yums, or even fire up a hog-leg ... we do cavort. So if I (Marty) were to walk into some Forgotten Space filled with fellow RuKinders, I might proclaim "Hey Fugga's!" Or if I was remembering my time in NYC I might say "Yo Fugs!"

Fug is only proclaimed to a group you feel affinity toward. It is never condescending or derogatory. More along the lines of "Greetings Sisters & Brothers of RuKind", but a little less verbose.

Just so ya'all know where I'm coming from.
Peace

I'll will now call an end to the thread siege. Please return to your regularly scheduled programming.

Oh...and Waldo's new avatar is freakin' hysterical.
"Hi Ho...the Carrion Crow...FoldeRoldeRiddle"
mgbills

Postby boater1941 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Yeah the boss hm-2 is totally awesome as long as you set it up properly. I can see why jerry like it because it's the two knobs high flavor and low flavor. The 1st knob"distortion" I bypassed with a resistor equaling between .5 and 1 on the removed pot. The pedal wont work with the dist knob on 0. Then you keep the low on low and the high around1oclock and set the last knob level aka volume to your needs. Increasing the level will not distort the high gritty but clean flavor. I'm surprised Jer got rid of it.
boater1941
Donna
Donna

Previous

Return to Jerry Tone