Is this a "Cutler Box"??

Is this a "Cutler Box"??

Postby TI4-1009 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:04 pm

"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Re: Is this a "Cutler Box"??

Postby mgbills » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:02 pm

In my link the last post was 2006.

But …that would be cool.
"Hi Ho...the Carrion Crow...FoldeRoldeRiddle"
mgbills

Postby mgbills » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:03 pm

In my link the last post was 2006.

But …that would be cool.
"Hi Ho...the Carrion Crow...FoldeRoldeRiddle"
mgbills

Postby PurpleTrails » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:08 pm

That may or may not be a clone of a cutler box, but it is academic because they aren't producing this kit any more.
PurpleTrails
TC
TC

Postby TI4-1009 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:15 pm

mgbills wrote:In my link the last post was 2006.

But …that would be cool.

?? I'm seeing 4/11/2014? Maybe you have to be registered at BYOC to see it? Go to the Build Your Own Clone Facebook page, it's there too It's something new- still in pre-kit development.
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby hippieguy1954 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:50 am

Last post "join date" is 2006. Posting date is 2014.
Jim

First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Postby waldo041 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:18 am

No, this is not a "Cutler Box".
It appears to be able to do what Cutlers box did but with a lot more going on. Cutlers was just a straight eight inline loops, with 8 individual foot switches. Each loop toggled in or out one at a time.

~waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby PurpleTrails » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:08 pm

FWIW, I got an email this morning from BYOC announcing that they are going to be coming out with a programmable looper kit this summer. This is the copy from the pertinent part of the email:

COMING SOON!!! The Super8 programmable bypass looper. 8 full loops, not 2 banks of 4, 32 presets, buffered or normal input, optional muting feature for pop free switching, 5 button interface is super compact and actually easier to use than the dozen foot switches it would require if we used a separate footswitch for each feature. Check out the video below. Retail will be $179.99. We expect to release this in June. We'll also be offering this with a powder coated and silkscreened enclosure. For updates about this kit, please check out our facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/buildyourownclone We should be posting some pics of the silk screened enclosures this evening or next week. There are gut shots of the prototype there too.

Here's the video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zCfpbo2Z_I&feature=youtu.be

Thing looks very capable, but I don't know if I would be up for trying to step on two or three buttons simultaneously to operate it to its full capability.
PurpleTrails
TC
TC

Postby hippieguy1954 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:44 am

Ya still have to have the pedal board, but I'm very happy with the Loop Master. Makes a big difference having every pedal isolated and bypassed. I have the phase shifter and delay in the same loop because I only have 6 loops.
Jim

hippieguy1954

Postby James-T » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:04 pm

Nice board. I've got a micro amp on mine as well. How are you using it with the earth drive? -I've been eying an earth drive for a while. :smile:

Peace,

James
James-T
Phil
Phil

Postby hippieguy1954 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:12 pm

James-T wrote:Nice board. I've got a micro amp on mine as well. How are you using it with the earth drive? -I've been eying an earth drive for a while. :smile:

Peace,

James

Thanks! I mostly use the micro amp by itself, but sometimes after the Earth Drive or Whirlwind. I've also tried it before the ED and WW.
Jim

hippieguy1954

Postby Mr.Burns » Fri May 02, 2014 5:58 pm

I think the key word here is "programmable". A normal byapass looper doesn't really do the same thing. True, they both bypass and isolate each pedal. But the programmable part means that it saves each setup you program, and then you navigate through banks of presets to access your saved loops instead of turning each loop on or off in real time. So, in other words, if you can solder then here you have a 8-channel x 4 banks= 32 loops smart looper that costs less and takes up less space than a traditional looper with 8 loops. I'm gonna score one with the silk screened enclosure.
Mr.Burns
Phil
Phil

Postby hippieguy1954 » Fri May 02, 2014 7:04 pm

For me and the few pedals I use, "programmable" doesn't enter into the picture at all. Easy enough to choose (with the looper), prior to or even during a song with the switches all in a line on the looper. Glad programmable works for you, though! That is what matters most!
Jim

hippieguy1954

Postby Mr.Burns » Sat May 03, 2014 6:13 am

hippieguy1954 wrote:For me and the few pedals I use, "programmable" doesn't enter into the picture at all. Easy enough to choose (with the looper), prior to or even during a song with the switches all in a line on the looper. Glad programmable works for you, though! That is what matters most!

I'm not sure 7 pedals qualifies as a few, more like "quite a few". That being said, It's not about the number of pedals, but the number of configurations, and doing the minimum amount of tap dancing to get to each one. Also, it's a little bit about valuable real estate on the pedal board. And it's a lot about how I love to solder things, so it doesn't just work, it's kinda like Xmas morning for me. That "works for me" thing is really just what people tell themselves when they've settled for less.
Mr.Burns
Phil
Phil

Postby hippieguy1954 » Sat May 03, 2014 6:49 am

Mr.Burns wrote:
hippieguy1954 wrote:For me and the few pedals I use, "programmable" doesn't enter into the picture at all. Easy enough to choose (with the looper), prior to or even during a song with the switches all in a line on the looper. Glad programmable works for you, though! That is what matters most!

I'm not sure 7 pedals qualifies as a few, more like "quite a few". That being said, It's not about the number of pedals, but the number of configurations, and doing the minimum amount of tap dancing to get to each one. Also, it's a little bit about valuable real estate on the pedal board. And it's a lot about how I love to solder things, so it doesn't just work, it's kinda like Xmas morning for me. That "works for me" thing is really just what people tell themselves when they've settled for less.

I really am glad you are happy! I like to do my own solder work too. I do all my guitars and some minor amp work too. I hear ya!
Also, the looper works great! I'm very happy with it!
No settling for less here and no tap dancing at all. I only use the pedals they way they are configured on the pedal board. They are all always on and I can pick and choose with the looper. No problem.

Jim

hippieguy1954

Next

Return to Jerry Tone