Matt Moriarty does it again!

Re: Matt Moriarty does it again!

Postby caspersvapors » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:44 am

the single coil wolf is riveting - Id want that one
caspersvapors

Postby Emoto » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:22 am

caspersvapors wrote:the single coil wolf is riveting - Id want that one

If I were in a position to buy today, I'd take the wolf with tiger electronics.
Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there...
Emoto

Postby Bobbybriand » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:51 am

No Irwin can't be in the contest. He's the originator. He needs to be the judges panel with waldo. We just need the third. If they plan on hippie sandwiching the body with a glued neck this show could take years to complete. LOL
Bobbybriand
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Postby Dozin » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:32 am

I wish you could like a comment like facebook. Well said Waldo.

Matt has always been the man from day 1. The only way i could tell the difference between Jerry's Tiger and his was examining the world inlay in the logo. Beautiful guitars Matt!
"If you get confused,...
Listen to the music play"
Dozin

Postby Jon S. » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:01 am

Since none of us is Jerry none of us would sound exactly like him even on exactly Jerry's original gear.

If we accept the above as accurate, a corollary may be: based on our individual hand and finger sizes/shapes, ergodynamic needs, picking styles, etc., we may, individually, be capable of actually sounding more like Jerry on gear that differs from his (in strategic ways) than on gear designed to be identical.
"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Postby TI4-1009 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:00 am

"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby Jon S. » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:23 am

And?
"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Postby waldo041 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:10 pm

Jon S. wrote:Since none of us is Jerry none of us would sound exactly like him even on exactly Jerry's original gear.

If we accept the above as accurate, a corollary may be: based on our individual hand and finger sizes/shapes, ergodynamic needs, picking styles, etc., we may, individually, be capable of actually sounding more like Jerry on gear that differs from his (in strategic ways) than on gear designed to be identical.

I know you have very strong opinions about this Jon, but i must say that my opinion differs from you and i think you are completely wrong.

You must have the skill to pull it off, but if you do have that skill combined with the exact gear the results are absolutely amazing. But if you not have the skill it does not matter what gear you have or try you will never pull it off.

~waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby Bobbybriand » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:19 am

Amen waldo!!!!
Love the excuses all over the net. The tone came out of his fingers or you need special wood core to achieve. Once you know how Jer picks and holds the pick and know how to play guitar. Tonnes of jerry licks have been around for decades and some as far back as BB Kings debut Chuck Berry. His licks in between chords and mainly good ol BB 1-2-3-2-1-2-3-2-1 eg. Jack -A-Row Am chord -3-2-1 Am 3-2-1 ......There was a wealthy merchant etc. He also uses caged format like touch of grey lead. Minor pentatonic .....west LA
Most of the excuses like that are easy answers and people who can't afford or be bothered. It's a cop.
You could take my 7 year old daughter and if she knew how to strum up and down with exact jerry setup. Have her strum entire Touch of Grey it would sound to the tee like jerry.
Bobbybriand
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Previous

Return to Jerry Tone