Warmoth Bodies

Chat about Equipment Info

Warmoth Bodies

Postby BlobWeird » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:16 am

Hey anyone know how the Warmoth bodies are? I was thinkin of puttin together a guitar from scratch and I came across their stuff and it seems like good quality bodies. Any one ever try one? How bout the necks also?
BlobWeird

Postby myoung6923 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:32 pm

I have heard good things about them. I was going to put one together and had come up with a complete list of parts to order and options - but at the last minute I had the opportunity to buy my Resurrection - so...

But, their stuff looks to be top notch.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us

http://www.fennario.us
http://www.youtube.com/fennarioband
http://www.facebook.com/fennarioband
myoung6923

Postby Jake_Straw » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:12 pm

I have a one piece alder body and maple neck waiting for me to make an Alligator, both pieces are very nicely made.
Jake_Straw
rukind?
rukind?

Postby Crazy 9.5 Fingers » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:15 pm

I have a neck from them on my Jerry-ized strat and it is phenomenal! Specs are that of the Wolf. Ebony board, LP style headstock, etc.I left the neck natural, as in no finish, and it is the nicest feeling piece of wood in the history of wood.

For real. Love Warmoth.
There are only two mantras. Yum and yuk. Mine's yum.
Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Postby waldo041 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:12 pm

Warmoth Mahogany WGD Body
Carvin Neck (Maple with Ebony Fingerboard)
Schaller tuners
Harmonica Bridge (all parts)
Custom Brass(5 way, pickup plate, jackplate and Stoptail) From http://www.jackofroses.com

2 years to put together, and still waiting to spring for the super 2's. it sounds good, but will sound better with the super 2's. Warmoth does good work! and with a little patience a very well made instrument can be done DIY!

good luck.

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby cunamara » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:59 pm

I bought a Warmoth alder Strat body and a maple neck with LP style headstock some 15 years ago. I had it routed for a single coil in the neck position and two humbuckers. Hmm, I wonder who inspired that? Warmoth's stuff is of superb quality IMHO, and the feel of their necks is great. And they are very flexible, they will route your pickup and electronic cavities any way you want. IMHO the quality of their necks and bodies is better than Fender's has been for 40 years.

I recently converted the guitar to two humbuckers as I've never actually liked playing through single coil pickups. I really want a fatter, warmer tone than those can provide. I don't know why I even bother to have a bridge pickup, I almost never use it.
cunamara
Rosebud
Rosebud

Postby Henry » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:25 pm

I've got good things to say about Warmoth bodies. My homemade Strat went through different incarnations. Bought in '88, it came with a body of unknown origin, with a humbucker routing and the trem loosely attached by two screws. Not too great overall, pretty crappy pickups also. I messed it up by drilling the missing four holes freehandedly and did it crooked. So in '92, I decided to replace the body and went for an ESP ash body with a striking grain pattern, changed the pickups to Seymour Duncans, but there still was something I didn't like about it, the sound was way too bright for my taste. I wanted to recreate the warm sound and feel of a '61 Strat that I once had had a chance to play, and I figured part of the secret must have been the wood. Alder was definitely a requirement. So in '99, I finally got a Warmoth body, two-piece alder, and never regretted it. It's a lot warmer and fuller sounding, it's light, well balanced and resonant, I couldn't have got a better one. Of course it's still not completely like that elusive '61, but I can honestly say it's as good, if not better, than any Custom Shop Reissue I've ever tried.
Henry
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby paulinnc » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:34 am

I eventually plan on building a jerrycaster myself. I was thinking about going through Warmoth and Jack of Roses for all the brass and stuff. IT looks like it will be awhile but this is something I defintely want to do. Also there are some nice pics of some WGD projects in the Warmoth photo gallery.
paulinnc

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion