Birdsong with my PRS

Birdsong with my PRS

Postby James-T » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:19 pm

Just got this video in the mail last week and did some editing on my own. We had a board tape but the mix was all wrong. This is a great little bit of tone example of my hybrid PRS. Dual Sound in the middle and a Bare Knuckles Stormy Monday at the bridge. I play through three positions in the jam starting with the Dual Sound, then the both and then I kick in the bridge pick up with the Boss Super OD on. It was pretty effective. The Dual Sound in this guitar is a not quite, but still close enough to catch some of that early 73 tone funny enough, and sounds nothing like Garcia's later setup in the mid to late 70's. This was the last show I played through my 73 Twin Reverb. I've moved on to the Ultra. Still have it but its collecting dust at the rehearsal space.

Peace,

James :smile:

James-T
Bobby
Bobby

Re: Birdsong with my PRS

Postby Griffyote » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:39 am

Thanks James, I liked the both pickups tone the best if that is it starting around 4:00. I know I will have more questions about the PRS. Who did that configuration of the PRS?
Griffyote
Brent
Brent

Postby Tony6Strings » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:46 pm

Nice tone, man. Cool axe. What pickup do you have in the neck position? Digging the distortion too. Super Overdrive, huh? The SD-1? Sounds very Jerry, I wonder if he ever used one of these.
"Why do the best things always disappear, like Ophelia?"
Tony6Strings
Brent
Brent

Postby James-T » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:44 pm

Hey thanks for the feedback. I had my local luthier/ tech do the work while it was in for a re-fret. It's a 22 so the middle pickup worked with a standar Dimarzio ring. In fact I bought three so they would match. I hated the PRS treble pickup hence the bare knuckles PAF. The neck PU is still a stock PRS bass Dragon II. It's quite sweet so I kept it.

There is also a wald buffer on board but that may have happened after that gig. I can't really recall.

Probally a blend at the 4 minute mark but also hard to recall. That's a vintage BOSS turbo OD just like Jerry had. I love it and still use it with my axe fx. Guys on the internet swear by the OD1. I've got one. The turbo is better.
I think I bought my Turbo new in the early 80s, but can't recall that either. Could have come from a pawn shop. I never use the turbo option, and doubt Jerry did as well.

Peace,

James :smile:
James-T
Bobby
Bobby

Return to Jerry Tone