tone stack mod's AB763

Re: tone stack mod's AB763

Postby HeadSpace » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:50 pm

Smolder wrote:I thought that there might have been a problem with the site they used to reside on, which is why I offered to help. I still don't know who owns them, but they are in the public domain at this point. All one has to do is use the way back machine at archive.org (which we are all pretty familiar with for music downloads) to find them. That can't be erased.

Thanks! Just grabbed 'em ....
HeadSpace
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby tatittle » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:42 pm

Thanks Smolder, and many thanks to Waldo for the benefits we have enjoyed through his love and fortitude.
tatittle
Jerry
Jerry

Location: NJ via Bklyn; Detroit; Charleston; Boulder; Miami; D.C.; etc

Postby claytushaywood » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:11 am

waldo041 wrote:Unlike the majority of the information i have posted on my webpage, these layouts were a culmination of intense research and some first hand info from insiders but not definitive. Meaning, they did not come from actual peeks inside the twins or mac. Therefore, i chose to remove them until such a time possibly happened.

Although, after using and listening to those who do use what i have gathered it is pretty hard to argue against the info, especially, from a stock view.

~waldo

So you took them down because you arent sure if they are correct? or because you dont want to share the information?
claytushaywood
Billy
Billy

Postby barefootdave » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:03 am

Yeah Waldo, you're so selfish. Why don't you contribute something for a change?

:roll:
Barefoot Dave
"His job is too shed light, not to master"
barefootdave
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby waldo041 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:08 am

claytushaywood wrote:
So you took them down because you arent sure if they are correct? or because you dont want to share the information?

Unlike the majority of the information i have posted on my webpage, these layouts were a culmination of intense research and some first hand info from insiders but not definitive. Meaning, they did not come from actual peeks inside the twins or mac. Therefore, i chose to remove them until such a time possibly happened.

~waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby tigerstrat » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:13 pm

imho the 418p drops (which is what I have in my '83 Super Champ and at one point temporarily swapped into my Twin) sound identical to the 225p.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby SarnoMusicSolutions » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:30 am

That's a perceptive observation. The 418p and the 225p are siblings, same maker, same factory (although that may have changed now). They are of the same basic mylar/aluminum-foil construction and are found to have very similar if not identical tone. The 418p series offers higher voltage options.

Both the 225p and the 418p are no longer being made in the USA as they were for 3+ decades and are now under the CDE brand which uses factories around the world for manufacturing. The datasheets are still the same. Word has it that they're still being made to the same exact spec's with the "same" materials. Could be true. I haven't heard reports of any changes to the sound coming from the new builds.

Brad

www.sarnomusicsolutions.com
... and it's just like any other day that's ever been...
SarnoMusicSolutions

Postby Jon S. » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:43 am

[Post deleted by its author. Upon reflection, parts of this thread took turns that don't reflect my sensibilities on the topics. I'm stepping away from it.]
Last edited by Jon S. on Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Postby SarnoMusicSolutions » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:57 pm

Mike "Waldo" Wald is a man of intense investigative tenacity, the likes of which I've never seen before. And for such a cause!! I carry immense gratitude for his wealth of information, discovery and generosity.

B
... and it's just like any other day that's ever been...
SarnoMusicSolutions

Postby mgbills » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:43 pm

I'm 100% in agreement with Brad's statement.
...and also to reiterate that information has been given generously.

Following up on another post of Mr. Wald's...some folks in the world have taken what was freely given, and chosen to sell it for a profit without acknowledging how they derived information on the architecture.

At least one of those individuals sold me a set of JBL's on an Ebay auction, and never shipped them. Which is really no big deal other than I spent a year re-verifying my Ebay & Paypal information, and dealing with the holds and other issues. Basically, the douchebag didn't ship, and I recieved the economic grief for it.

Mr. Wald has listed the offenders. For myself, I'd never support them on principle. And ...I let Waldo know that if he decides to go into the Mod business, he'd get my dollars.

Peace
M
"Hi Ho...the Carrion Crow...FoldeRoldeRiddle"
mgbills

Postby milobender » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:16 pm

Ditto, with Brad's statement as well as the previous from mgbills... Mike has many times given freely of his time and knowledge, on this site, as well as with personal communications. Any disrespect is way out of line. I believe in supporting each other's talents, and I use, and credit, Mike's as often as I can. I also support any business he might move into, I know it will be done with utter integrity. Thanks for all your generosity Mike.

Brian
Everything we know is wrong...
www.9mileskid.com
milobender
Jerry
Jerry

Postby hippieguy1954 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:49 am

milobender wrote:Ditto, with Brad's statement as well as the previous from mgbills... Mike has many times given freely of his time and knowledge, on this site, as well as with personal communications. Any disrespect is way out of line. I believe in supporting each other's talents, and I use, and credit, Mike's as often as I can. I also support any business he might move into, I know it will be done with utter integrity. Thanks for all your generosity Mike.

Brian

+1 I concur!
Jim

First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Postby tatittle » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:19 am

Boy that would be great news to hear; that the prolific, meticulous, and thorough....even mythical....guru of Jerrytonewould be taking the time to share his blood, sweat, and tears with modification work.

If anyone wants to go do the research themselves its stilll a mostly free country. Heck the Fender amps circuits were copied right off of the Western Electric patent schematics (or was it RCA). I for one am GRATEFUL Leo Fender copied, tested, and then sold-- the basis for what became the defining sound of an era (including Jerry's tone), not to mention articulate guitar music of any genre....and then Marshalls were built from the Tweed circuit too from what I understand.

As John Cougar Mellancamp said, "I never cared about money, but I always wanted to get paid" (for the work I did). Making a living is not the same as greed.
tatittle
Jerry
Jerry

Location: NJ via Bklyn; Detroit; Charleston; Boulder; Miami; D.C.; etc

Previous

Return to Jerry Tone