TruTron3x

Re: TruTron3x

Postby Smolder » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:52 pm

are you guys getting a heads up on ship/delivery?
Smolder

Postby redeyedjim » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:06 pm

He's been shipping via UPS. If you sign up with "My UPS" on UPS.com, you can get notification that a package will be delivered a day before actual delivery. This service may still be free, but they do have premium services as well so you may have to dig a bit to get the free version. Anyway, that's how I got my notice.
Dilettante - sounds nicer than "hack"
redeyedjim
Mickey
Mickey

Postby tatittle » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:58 am

Boy they really sound great to me. With such a sensitive effect it is tough to set 2 up to give a true comparison. Thanks Mike!
tatittle
Billy
Billy

Location: NJ via Bklyn; Detroit; Charleston; Boulder; Miami; D.C.; etc

Postby cmc64 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:58 pm

I got mine on Thursday. Serial #10.

I have a vintage Mu-III that has been cleaned up by Richard Lingenberg and I have the two next to each other running through my Loopmaster true-bypass switcher so I think the comps I have been doing are pretty accurate. There have been demos posted (which I am about to listen to) so people can easily decide for themselves. IMO, I would never give up my vintage Mu-III. That said, I think the TruTron nails the original Mu-III and does quite a bit more. The mojo is there in spades!! I have tweaked the two (to get them as close as possible) and while there is a slight difference in tone, it is SLIGHT. It sounds fantastic and with the exception of my Mu-III, it is the best E.F. I have ever used. This E.F. is far more than just an effect. It is, in the tradition of Musitronics gear, a piece of art used to create art. There will be more to come and if you do not already have a Mu-III, get one of these.

I spoke with Mike Beigel and he mentioned that he wants to continue to build new effects. As an owner of the Mu-Tron Phasor II and still chasing the Octave Divider I hope those two are up next. I will be first in line.
cmc64
Billy
Billy

Postby seniorpesca » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:15 pm

cmc64 wrote:I got mine on Thursday. Serial #10.

I have a vintage Mu-III that has been cleaned up by Richard Lingenberg and I have the two next to each other running through my Loopmaster true-bypass switcher so I think the comps I have been doing are pretty accurate. There have been demos posted (which I am about to listen to) so people can easily decide for themselves. IMO, I would never give up my vintage Mu-III. That said, I think the TruTron nails the original Mu-III and does quite a bit more. The mojo is there in spades!! I have tweaked the two (to get them as close as possible) and while there is a slight difference in tone, it is SLIGHT. It sounds fantastic and with the exception of my Mu-III, it is the best E.F. I have ever used. This E.F. is far more than just an effect. It is, in the tradition of Musitronics gear, a piece of art used to create art. There will be more to come and if you do not already have a Mu-III, get one of these.

I spoke with Mike Beigel and he mentioned that he wants to continue to build new effects. As an owner of the Mu-Tron Phasor II and still chasing the Octave Divider I hope those two are up next. I will be first in line.

octave divider is next. at least mike said so when i was on the phone with him the other day
seniorpesca
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby cmc64 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:22 am

WooHoo!!!! That is fantastic news!!! Thanks for the update! With that in mind, I think I will send the Phasor II to Lingenberg for a tune up (it sounds great as is, but all vintage Musitronics gear needs a bit of work at their current age) and just hang in there until the Octave is released. I was going to get the BYOC but with this news, I am going to wait.
cmc64
Billy
Billy

Postby Smolder » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:28 am

Just got my UPS notice for Monday delivery... that will be fun!
Smolder

Postby TI4-1009 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:26 am

Good news on the divider! My BYOC sounds so good I may not need it though.
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby seniorpesca » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:03 pm

damn i wish i had a tracking number. i really hope it comes tomorrow, i am getting too excited and kinda antsy :D
seniorpesca
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby tatittle » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:27 pm

Really great news about the Octave; they are rarer than the MIII I believe...which is why they cost more than a carton of cigarettes after taxes in NYC lol. Many thanks to Mike for jumping in sincerely. I love the photo of all his stuff lined up on a kitchen counter for work...thats the kindof grass roots Americana I view as mythylogical. At this rate we'll begin to actually hear instruments on pop records again---God love programmers, but I always prefer cotton over nylon, procreation over synthetic.
tatittle
Billy
Billy

Location: NJ via Bklyn; Detroit; Charleston; Boulder; Miami; D.C.; etc

Postby waldo041 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:33 pm

The Mutron Octave Divider can be had for much less from B.Y.O.C. Their version is indistinguishable in a blind A/B test. I know this demo is not in the context a Jerry player would use it, but it does show just how exact the B.Y.O.C. version gets.

http://buildyourownclone.com/effects-pe ... ctave.html

Rightly so, I would bet Mikes new version of the MuOctDiv will be a little costlier, and I would imagine like the TruTron, it will have some added features.

~waldo
waldo041

Postby Smolder » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:42 pm

gulp... damn.

So a few hours after the UPS truck dropped off number 28, I got an hour or so to play. Man... this is good. Granted, I've never played an original... but compared to the other 6 or 7 variations I've tried this has great clarity... it's almost as if the others all have a blanket over them. Nearly every setting sounds good... and the added gain potential is even good. So far I'm impressed.
Smolder

Postby TI4-1009 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:37 am

Yeah, I had some quality time with #11 last night, pretty happy with it. The ol' Mutron is getting jealous.
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby seniorpesca » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:52 am

waited all day at the door like a dog yesterday and no luck UGH.
if UPS man don't bring it today ima flip a can
seniorpesca
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:13 am

Dag man !
Looking forward to your demo of it ....
:D :-) :D
Tennessee Jedi

PreviousNext

Return to Jerry Tone