Jerry-fy a Fender Strat.. or start from scratch?

Re: Jerry-fy a Fender Strat.. or start from scratch?

Postby quaack3 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:53 am

Tennessee Jedi wrote:I like the rig .... Guitar looks very nice
I want to try the H & K Blues master someday ... other members here have had a good sound with them
:-)

Thanks you!

Along wih the wiring he also put jumbo frets on so it plays as smooth as my 1983 strat elite! His neck work is superb.

I just stumbled on a Hughes and Kettner Tubeman plus rack mount that actually produceses better lows than the Bluesmaster.

The Bluesmaster IMO is close to a twin refer that can be carried in a briefcase and you can overdrive it a little where the fender twin reverb is clean TIL the end....... but it's too loud and heavy for my liking...
quaack3
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound

Postby quaack3 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:55 am

quaack3 wrote:
I want to try the H & K Blues master someday ... other members here have had a good sound with them

Thanks you!

Along wih the wiring he also put jumbo frets on so it plays as smooth as my 1983 strat elite! His neck work is superb.

I just stumbled on a Hughes and Kettner Tubeman plus rack mount that actually produceses better lows than the Bluesmaster.

The Bluesmaster IMO is close to a twin refer that can be carried in a briefcase and you can overdrive it a little where the fender twin reverb is clean TIL the end....... but it's too loud and heavy for my liking...

Man my spelling is bad.....Thank you and produces.....sorry folks!
quaack3
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound

Postby quaack3 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:32 am

I love the Blues Master but they are hard to find!!! In the last four years, I have only found 4 up for sale and I bought two of them. What I will tell you is the rack mount Tubeman Plus from H&K sounds even better as it has that low end Jerry quack. I stumbled on one just over a year ago and now have 5. They are a preamp only (no power tube) like the BM BUT they have what I believe is the same single tube the BM uses for its tone. I A/B them and they are Identical. But you van get the extra low quack from the TM+.....
They also go MUCH cheaper than the BM...........
quaack3
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound

Postby Pfallon » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:12 am

This may be way after the fact but I can suggest a Rondo music Douglas Hadron 625 neck through string through, all Mahogany w/ a 5 piece neck, HSH, 22 fret, 25 1/2 " scale.
On sale now for $99! I have the same guitar only a 7 string, the build quality is exceptional especially for the price. The sound and sustain and playability are great after some set-up tweaks.
there is plenty of room to add a super II in the middle position. I have yet to try to fit a buffer in but it looks like there is plenty of room. If need be the control cavity could easily be enlarged to accommodate any mods-battery compartment etc. The PUs are located at std. Strat distances from the nut but could be altered to the exact tiger distances pretty easily. The price point and basic build of this production guitar make an great starting point for "Jerrification". It would be nice to have 24 frets too, but still. I suggested a 24 fret model and gave the specifics of Tiger PU locations to Kurt @ Rondo, so we'll see if eventually the perfect basic guitar to add an OBEL and buffer to will become available. Maybe if enough request for the tiger spec model come in, they will start producing it!
The notes fell like raindrops on the velvet landscape of my mind
Pfallon
tiger
tiger

Previous

Return to Guitar Building and Mods