Mu-Fx Tru Tron 3X envelope filter

Re: Mu-Fx Tru Tron 3X envelope filter

Postby redeyedjim » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:40 pm

He posted this to his FaceBook page Wednesday, 10/16:

ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT DELIVERIES

Due to an unforeseen event (I got sick yesterday and it looks like an
"all week" thing), I am not yet able to test, calibrate and sign any
Tru-Tron 3X Units until I get at least SOMEWHAT BETTER.

HOW THIS AFFECTS DELIVERIES: If things go well, I think I can get some units signed and shipped (I hope) by Friday October 18.

After that, I hope that the numbers of shipments will increase quickly
until the first 100 units signed up and paid for are shipped out.

Beyond the 110 units (I am even holding back "endorser" units in favor of paid up customers, there may be up to a 3 week or even 4 week delay while my next run of MANY MORE UNITS are prepared and manufactured. I will try to send out notifications as to "who are in the first 100 according to initial date of signup, and completed and received payment.

Anyone who is getting "very very impatient" about shipment and delivery, PLEASE send me an e-mail to info@mu-tron.org (NOT .com), and tell me about your concerns. Every order paid for has REMAINED IN PAYPAL and I have not drawn a nickel out of the account. Only when paid units are
shipped will the money be withdrawn. However if you are too impatient for this (or just need the money) PLEAS E-mail me and I can refund your money, rather than contacting paypal and creating a complaint. The money will be refunded the same day or within 24 hours.

THE 10% DISCOUNT ON ORDERS WILL REMAIN IN FORCE UNTIL EITHER OCTOBER 18 OR THE ACTUAL OF SHIPMENTS OF AT LEAST 20 ORDERS, WHICHEVER DATE IS LATER. THESE ORDERS WILL LIKELY BE FILLED FROM THE SECOND PRODUCTION
RUN. BUT THE 10% discount will stop as soon as we begin shipping. I will post notice of this as soon as it happens.

THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE EVERYBODY WHO ORDERED, I AM PRETTY SURE YOUR PATIENCE WILL BE WELL-REWARDED WHEN YOU RECEIVE AND PLAY YOUR NEW TRU-TRON 3X BY MU-FX DIVISION OF BEIGEL SOUND LAB.
Sincerely,
Mike Beigel a.k.a. Mike Mu-Tron

Emphasis mine.

I just checked his FB page again when I grabbed the above, and he doesn't indicate that he's started shipping yet. He did, however, post a familiar picture:

So...I dunno. Hopefully he'll begin shipping things next week??
Dilettante - sounds nicer than "hack"
redeyedjim
Mickey
Mickey

Postby ccw3432 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:51 pm

I'm betting on 2 to 4 weeks. I think he has good intentions of getting these out soon, but that's a big task when starting up a small operation and taking care of all aspects of it. I think it will be worth the wait. It's great to be able to support him as he gets back into the effects business and works through the kinks of getting it going.
ccw3432
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby jkstraw » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:04 am

The first unit went out yesterday, 20 more go out on Tuesday (22nd) and then moe "shortly after"

New website is up as well. www.mu-fx.com
jkstraw
Jerry
Jerry

Postby James-T » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:29 pm

Question for the Mutron owners here. There's a Mutron III on CL locally for $400.

Here's the description:

Old vintage Mutron , works apart from the range knob make it distort in 1 position
likely an easy fix , very rare pedal..

Is it worth it, or could this be a big hassle?

Peace,

James :smile:
James-T
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby tatittle » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:36 am

There are definitely guys that can repair them. The exception may only be the vactrol or whatever the proprietary component was that is no longer made commonly. I think the guy in California gets good reviews, and I saw Mike Biegals website now lists repairs as one of his services. If it is truly only a problem in 1 position I would guess it is a component in only that part of the circuit and not a systematic issue. The RANGE variable is a switch, and only has a low and high position. I use the LOW position 99% of the time. If it were me I would test it and offer him $250. or whatever the repair will cost less. If it comes with the power supply that is a pretty good price (though replacements are available now), if not its pretty standard (no commission involved) even without the problems. There are folks here that have alot more technical experience that may chime in over the next few days, you could go test it in the meantime.
tatittle
Bobby
Bobby

Location: NJ via Bklyn; Detroit; Charleston; Boulder; Miami; D.C.; etc

Postby Searing75 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:52 am

I am putting together the Nautilus Envelope Filter.
All's well that sounds well.
Searing75
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby cantops » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:33 pm

I have a question regarding the new Mu-Tron 3x and the Tru-Ton 3x. Are these the same EF pedals? Looking at the site, it looks like there are two different models. They look to have the same features.

Thanks,
Jared
cantops
Vince
Vince

Postby hippieguy1954 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:57 am

cantops wrote:I have a question regarding the new Mu-Tron 3x and the Tru-Ton 3x. Are these the same EF pedals? Looking at the site, it looks like there are two different models. They look to have the same features.

Thanks,
Jared

There is no such thing as a Mutron 3x.

The Mutron III, is vintage made by Musitronics.

The Tru-tron 3x is the new one made by the same person who made the original Mutron III and started the Musitronics company.

The Mutron III+ is made by HAZ. A different company that got the rights to the name. Not the original circuitry.

In the pics below, you can see the name Musitronics printed on the lower right of the foot switch on the Mutron III.
You can see HAZ printed on the Mutron III+ in the same location.

Also some great info and discussion here: viewtopic.php?f=319&t=2335&hilit=Mutron

Hope this helps :smile:
First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Postby rob » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:08 pm

Maybe he can use the Mu Tron name overseas?

http://at-musicelectronix.com
rob
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby cantops » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:52 pm

I think you are correct. It must be European authorization to use the logo.
cantops
Vince
Vince

Postby James-T » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:06 am

Bit the bullet and purchased a Proton here locally (they are just made down the road in Seattle!). I was going to hold out for a vintage Mutron but couldn't justify the cost and thought about the reissue as well but the reviews on the forum led me to believe that the Protron could hold its own with some obvious advantages and disadvantages. :smile:

Well I gigged with it last night in a fairly new rig configuration. Played it through my new to me vintage MXR Mico Amp pedal> new to me 73 Vibrolux> old to me but rarely used JBL E120. We did a Scarlet Fire to test the Protron out. The thing was amazing through that pedal/amp and speaker signal chain. I had been using it in front of my Axe FX Ultra and not getting it dialled in, but through the Vibrolux the Protron just kills - nails an amazing 78 style Mutron tone, very sweet, and I really like the simplicity of the unit and most importantly the size. I just built a rack for my boss pedals and even at that real estate was at a premium because my rack had to be portable and less than 40lbs!

Won't be my most used effect but defiantly one of the sweetest! :-)

Peace,

James

James-T
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby Shantiano » Mon May 12, 2014 10:20 pm

Shantiano
welcome
welcome

Postby TI4-1009 » Wed May 28, 2014 7:36 am

Instruction manual(s) now available on the web page:

http://mu-fx-trutron3x.com/support.php

Includes suggested Jerry settings, info on how to adjust internal trimpots and bypass settings, and he also says that the opamps need about 10 minutes to fully warm up before they respond properly (!). Good stuff- a REAL user's manual.
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby hippieguy1954 » Wed May 28, 2014 9:15 am

Mike will also send you a manual in the mail, if you want.
First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Postby TI4-1009 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:45 pm

"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Previous

Return to Jerry Tone