Show us your Garcia inspired guitars

Chat about Equipment Info

Re: Show us your Garcia inspired guitars

Postby mkaufman » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:57 pm

Did you purchase that Warmoth body with a routing for the bridge, and if so, what routing?

mk
THE best way to score gear: http://www.auctionstud.com

For discounts on extended Dell warranties: http://advantech-ny.com/mik/advantech/DellComputerWarranty
mkaufman

Postby TeeJay » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:41 pm

MK- I think it was routed for the vintage hardtail but you could choose the modern string spacing and warmoth makes the string holes larger to accept the modern spacing. -TJ
TeeJay
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby quaack3 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:13 pm

Here is a shot of my "Jerry Rig" so far...slowly but I am getting there....A special thanks to AO Guitars for the Jerryifcation mods!!!

quaack3
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound

Postby Bee004 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:44 am

A work in progress...

Bee004
welcome
welcome

Postby gr8fl4295 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:31 am

Once in a while you get shown the light
In the strangest of places if you look at it right.
gr8fl4295
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby boater1941 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:56 pm

A little embarrassed after the above picture but here's my third SG. This one I'm keeping and adding to my collection. The midi pup and sending unit worked out perfectly instead of a piezo cripe inspired SG before this. Everything measured and worked out pefectly in my pup placement including parallel pup option in center switch position.
boater1941
Rosebud
Rosebud

Postby waldo041 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:07 pm

Wow!!! What are the odds that guitar and it's unusual wiring would be identical to Hawk900's?

boater1941 wrote:A little embarrassed after the above picture but here's my third SG. This one I'm keeping and adding to my collection. The midi pup and sending unit worked out perfectly instead of a piezo cripe inspired SG before this. Everything measured and worked out pefectly in my pup placement including parallel pup option in center switch position.

Missing a Toggle switch here, but again what are the odds that it would be Identical to staggerle's?

Here Hawk900 is seen playing that guitar.
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby boater1941 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:57 pm

Not bad I bought the SG's from two dead heads on campus. Hawk is a skateboarding dude. Too much. They do PRS guitars too. Last they said it was a Warren Haynes model. Staggerle is hawk's son. Small world are you still in school? Either that or you must have alot of freetime. To identify guts and names. Hawk did correct you on phasing or both on phase cancelling of the dp104's. Is that why he glued in your head.
boater1941
Rosebud
Rosebud

Postby boater1941 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:02 pm

That's why no mass market open cavity guitar to house 3 buckers? With Jer there's always away. Why do u continue this hawk900 thing? Him myself and his son have done nothing but compliment you. We have all bought your opamp. RUKIND every heard of it.
Last edited by boater1941 on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
boater1941
Rosebud
Rosebud

Postby TI4-1009 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:04 pm

Good catch! You have to get up Pretty Early in the morning to put one over on ol' waldo....
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby waldo041 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:46 pm

No need to get bent out of shape! I only pointed out and marveled the fact that the guitar you posted is the same that Hawk900 posted here and what staggerle posted at TGP. Hawk900 has never corrected me about anything. And the reason why i remember him is because he ripped off a fellow rukinder last year and stated he had pancreatic cancer but appears to be doing well.

~waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby boater1941 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:23 pm

I could be a prick and point out the thread where you didnt understand the purpose of flipping the middle bucker n reverse wiring in a wide open cavity with no wood or or distance(fender) barrier between pups magnets H/H/H setup and also the thread talkin about 2nd cleanest clearest is parallel pup wiring which the wolf used and is great for tunes like bertha with a strong but clean strumming majority. I thought you guys were dead heads. I have seen 317 shows and 11 JGB shows under my belt.
Would you like me to post some pictures of hawk who is undergoing chimo and is stage 3? The reference video you posted was takin like a year in a half ago cause you can see him playin through a bandmaster VM with onboard effects. Makes me sick to my stomach especially coming from a dead head forum. He did look good better then and had hair still very skinny but was eating like the rest of us. Also you post a pic of the burnt edge of the cavitiy before I carbon painted and copper tapped it and fitted a stained walnut plate copper shielded as well.
Also the getting ripped off thing was all about a non marketed cooling fan hawk put above the transistor heat sinks in a MC2100 which he removed after reading it's not good idea cause the transistors need to warm up to a curtain degree. Everyone one got their money back. I should post pics of the returned item w/completely destroyed sectors...I could go on. The problem that I could find was one loose thermister wire. The 2100 is currently up and runnin on w/setup bridged over and usin the 4 ohm screw. We both got our money plus I got a 2100 out of the deal which was fixed by Cresent TV in Windsor,Ontario for 175 bucks.
Sorry to be a whiner. I've gone through all the posts including mine. 90% of hawk's are inquisitive and helpful. Soon as he disagrees with one of two said people whom market their products through here a war erupts. Didn't find any staggerlee's. Maybe because cause he's not a head.
When I told the old lady the world was gonna completely change back in July95 I never though it would turn Jerryists into someone who shoots a cancer shot directly at someone who has been going threw hell as an example.
Yes that SG is the third one I bought from Staggerle. Theyre nothing weird about his wiring except unlike most obels he uses 3 standard guitar wires instead of a stereo wire. Waldo's TPC1 opamp is a must. Another sweet feature staggerlee encorporated in mine and his spectra flex braid of guitar cable he runs two 9volt connectors in the braid and the guitar. Only 1 is used so far for the tpc-1 but could add eg. homeade stratoblaster or a cb-2. More than happy with waldo's opamp and brad's JG preamp.
boater1941
Rosebud
Rosebud

Postby boater1941 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:35 pm

Or how about the expandable foam earplugs as insulators clearly seen through pups(cream color) a little Brawer trick or who can spot the analog midi pup wired together with pup wire n wax dipped. Pros of triple guitar cable is better protection against interference. Four pedal, Two DC 9v feeds to guitar fed through a 6 outlet huminator(home made,cutler switch box for only 4 pedals,short patch cables for each of the four stomp boxes from floor selector truebypass pedal selector(any order).
boater1941
Rosebud
Rosebud

Postby BJolley » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:54 am

Finished this last spring -- my first build: A Tiger-shaped body coaxed from single plank of local San Joaquin walnut. (planed to ~1.75" thick)

Bridge & middle PU's = Dimarzio Super Distortions with coil cut switches; Neck PU = Dimarzio SDS-1 (like Tiger circa 1979-82)
5-way Strat switch
Schaller 475 roller bridge
Neck is a standard maple Carvin bolt neck with 25.5" scale ebony fretboard. Custom peghead veneer from same slab of walnut as guitar body. Gotoh tuners.
1-piece pickup ring milled and routed from maple.
Grain-filled and finished in several coats of Minwax Poly high gloss spray.

BJolley
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Postby furguscustom » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:56 pm

Very nice job I bet it sounds as good as it looks.
furguscustom
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound

PreviousNext

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion