New guy-- not a musician- mostly

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear

New guy-- not a musician- mostly

Postby FranklinsTower » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:28 pm

Hey I am new to this forum. I am not a musician although i have recently been tinkering with the keyboard in the hopes of adding a musical dimension to things. For now all I can say is that the music of the Dead changed my life profoundly-- I have had a couple of profound spiritual experiences while hearing them and what they did continues to inform my life.
FranklinsTower
Vince
Vince

Re: New guy-- not a musician- mostly

Postby pedalpoet » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:59 pm

Welcome! Have fun here and learning the keys dude. GD's music still shapes me and informs my life almost 30 years after first hearing it.
pedalpoet
bruce
bruce

Postby Cmnaround » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:30 pm

Welcome - by the way Franklin's Tower is pretty much A > G > D. Go grab a used keyboard on Craig's list and let it rip.
Cmnaround
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby FranklinsTower » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:47 pm

Cmnaround wrote:Welcome - by the way Franklin's Tower is pretty much A > G > D. Go grab a used keyboard on Craig's list and let it rip.

I actually bought a Korg recently for around 800 bucks. It is pretty neat. I run a small meditation center and my long term goal is to be able to play really simple but improvisational stuff with a bunch of chanters and some other musicians too. We want to model it after what the dead did but just much more simple-- kinda like the stuff Jerry did with Hamza Al Din, but all of us in a gig circle.

One of the women who comes is a concert violinist and I turned her onto the Dead and she said that it is going to change the whole way she plays music.
FranklinsTower
Vince
Vince

Return to Introductions