New Premier Guitar Issue: The Mu-tron Story

New Premier Guitar Issue: The Mu-tron Story

Postby Cmnaround » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:17 am

From latest online issue of Premier Guitar:

http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/19634-builder-profile-the-mu-tron-story

Full article at link above - brief excerpt below:

Musitronics—better known by the nickname Mu-tron—produced some of the best-sounding and best-made effects of the 1970s. They also produced the Dan Armstrong line of effects.

Today’s guitarists have nearly limitless choices when it comes to effects. However, 40 years ago the effects roadmap was still being drawn—designs we now take for granted hadn’t even been conceived. Mike Beigel of Musitronics—a company better known by its nickname, Mu-tron—was one of the effects pioneers whose decisions about the sonics, functionality, and appearance of effects would influence countless subsequent builders...
Cmnaround
Rosemary
Rosemary

Re: New Premier Guitar Issue: The Mu-tron Story

Postby TI4-1009 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:51 am

Good read- thanks.
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby Phishfan » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:19 pm

Very cool article. Thanks for posting!
Phishfan
tiger
tiger

Postby Cmnaround » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:05 pm

This part grabbed by attention:

"Are there any future plans for Mu-tron products?
Well, about 13 years ago...I had a project deal that didn’t work out, but it got me making a Mu-tron- like device, which I'm going to be coming out with shortly. My intention is to recreate a lot of the good Mu-tron products—only made with appropriately new technology. It’s not digital, though. It's meant to be analog. The goal is to resurrect the product line in a more modern form that's more compatible with pedalboards."
Cmnaround
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby ccw3432 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:27 am

Cmnaround wrote:This part grabbed by attention:

"Are there any future plans for Mu-tron products?
Well, about 13 years ago...I had a project deal that didn’t work out, but it got me making a Mu-tron- like device, which I'm going to be coming out with shortly. My intention is to recreate a lot of the good Mu-tron products—only made with appropriately new technology. It’s not digital, though. It's meant to be analog. The goal is to resurrect the product line in a more modern form that's more compatible with pedalboards."

It's great to see him back at it. His website is not yet updated with the new product, but Mike reports that it will be released very soon. If you have facebook, go check out the Mike Mu-Tron page. He has been using that for some time to announce updates. He has not yet updated his website. He's planning to sell them directly from his website. I'm signed up for a pre-order on the new pedal and can't wait to get it as soon as it comes out.
ccw3432
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Return to Jerry Tone