Bob Telecaster 1st set Phila,Pa 7-13-13

Bob Telecaster 1st set Phila,Pa 7-13-13

Postby brbadg » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:37 pm

Ok folks anyone know about this one? I'll post some video.Mini humbucker neck,rosewood neck.Did the old Tele get a makeover?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFwWHpU_9BE
brbadg
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:03 pm

Re: Bob Telecaster 1st set Phila,Pa 7-13-13

Postby playingdead » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:28 am

Looks like a Hoeg from the headstock shape.

I think the old Tele was stolen a few years back.
User avatar
playingdead
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1727
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:55 am
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Bob Telecaster 1st set Phila,Pa 7-13-13

Postby strumminsix » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:32 am

playingdead wrote:Looks like a Hoeg from the headstock shape.

I think the old Tele was stolen a few years back.

Agreed. I recall while speaking with Mr. Hoeg that he wanted a replica of his family Tele so he could take it on the road.
User avatar
strumminsix
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6654
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:13 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Bob Telecaster 1st set Phila,Pa 7-13-13

Postby Dozin » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:40 am

Looks like Weir is playing the Hoeg Strat too. Rich will be happy about that.

Weir was told not to play the 56 Telecaster on the road anymore because it's rare and too valuable. Weir had Rich make a copy of it before it got stolen at the Bohemian Grove gig.
Image
"If you get confused,...
Listen to the music play"
User avatar
Dozin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1018
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 5:27 am
Location: New Hampshire

Re: Bob Telecaster 1st set Phila,Pa 7-13-13

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:38 am

I thought I read the 56 Tele from his family was stolen ?
User avatar
Tennessee Jedi
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4223
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:29 am
Location: Bucks Co.Pa

Re: Bob Telecaster 1st set Phila,Pa 7-13-13

Postby Dozin » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:42 am

Tennessee Jedi wrote:I thought I read the 56 Tele from his family was stolen ?


It did get stolen and is still missing
Image
"If you get confused,...
Listen to the music play"
User avatar
Dozin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1018
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 5:27 am
Location: New Hampshire

Re: Bob Telecaster 1st set Phila,Pa 7-13-13

Postby broesau » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:21 am

I didn't know the Tele was stolen. It was such a great story about how he got it, too bad. On the other hand, what was Bob doing at Bohemian Grove? It though that was mainly stuffy rich Republicans at the retreats.
broesau
Terrapin
Terrapin
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:58 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Bob Telecaster 1st set Phila,Pa 7-13-13

Postby playingdead » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:02 am

The comment trail is somewhat entertaining.

User avatar
playingdead
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1727
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:55 am
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Bob Telecaster 1st set Phila,Pa 7-13-13

Postby strumminsix » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:33 am

broesau wrote:I didn't know the Tele was stolen. It was such a great story about how he got it, too bad. On the other hand, what was Bob doing at Bohemian Grove? It though that was mainly stuffy rich Republicans at the retreats.

Bohemian Gove is party agnostic. All you need is an insane amount of money, power with a desire for more power, and want to network in obscurity.
User avatar
strumminsix
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6654
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:13 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Bob Telecaster 1st set Phila,Pa 7-13-13

Postby playingdead » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:59 pm

strumminsix wrote:
broesau wrote:I didn't know the Tele was stolen. It was such a great story about how he got it, too bad. On the other hand, what was Bob doing at Bohemian Grove? It though that was mainly stuffy rich Republicans at the retreats.

Bohemian Gove is party agnostic. All you need is an insane amount of money, power with a desire for more power, and want to network in obscurity.


But, especially if you're knocking back a few drinks, keep an eye on your vintage Telecaster :shock:
User avatar
playingdead
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1727
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:55 am
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Bob Telecaster 1st set Phila,Pa 7-13-13

Postby brbadg » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:34 pm

This doesn't look like the Hoeg headstock. Here's another video to take a look at.The Tele on the Hoeg website also as a maple neck.I'm appreciative of your comments,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7EVu4L7-7I

Bob puts down the Strat and picks the Tele up at 1:43.
brbadg
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:03 pm

Re: Bob Telecaster 1st set Phila,Pa 7-13-13

Postby strumminsix » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:48 pm

playingdead wrote:
strumminsix wrote:
broesau wrote:I didn't know the Tele was stolen. It was such a great story about how he got it, too bad. On the other hand, what was Bob doing at Bohemian Grove? It though that was mainly stuffy rich Republicans at the retreats.

Bohemian Gove is party agnostic. All you need is an insane amount of money, power with a desire for more power, and want to network in obscurity.


But, especially if you're knocking back a few drinks, keep an eye on your vintage Telecaster :shock:

Seriously! See it all the time and I'll never understand dudes who take their prized possessions out in place of replaceable gear then go irresponsible... Getting messed up or leaving it in corners or hoping someone watches their gear, etc...
User avatar
strumminsix
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6654
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:13 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Bob Telecaster 1st set Phila,Pa 7-13-13

Postby shadowboxer » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:31 pm

brbadg wrote:This doesn't look like the Hoeg headstock. Here's another video to take a look at.The Tele on the Hoeg website also as a maple neck.I'm appreciative of your comments,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7EVu4L7-7I

Bob puts down the Strat and picks the Tele up at 1:43.



Wonder what was going on there with the guitar change in the middle of the song. Tuning issue? Looks like he's got wireless transmitters for each guitar so that sure makes it easy.
shadowboxer
Keith
Keith
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:16 pm

Re: Bob Telecaster 1st set Phila,Pa 7-13-13

Postby Dozin » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:12 pm

brbadg wrote:This doesn't look like the Hoeg headstock. The Tele on the Hoeg website also as a maple neck.I'm appreciative of your comments,.


This is the first Tele that Rich built and it was before he designed his personnel peg head shape. There's no logo on the peg head because Rich didn't feel comfortable putting his logo on Leo Fender's original shape. The guitar is stained swamp ash body, flame maple and brazilian rosewood neck.

I think he switched from the Strat to the Tele because the Tele had better twang to it. It does sound better.

Weir has a custom guitar switcher that can handle 3 guitars.
Image
"If you get confused,...
Listen to the music play"
User avatar
Dozin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1018
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 5:27 am
Location: New Hampshire

Re: Bob Telecaster 1st set Phila,Pa 7-13-13

Postby Deadhead85 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:06 am

Anyone know what he's using for the mini humbucker? Also, I'm assuming he's using the bridge pup primarily?
Deadhead85
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:55 am

Next

Return to Bobby Tone

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests