Amp Not For Sale - remove if wanted

Sell and buy at your own risk...

Re: Amp Not For Sale - remove if wanted

Postby TI4-1009 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:30 am

I'd pay to suck up to Waldo any day- he's worth it.

This for sale posting has to have been a major bummer for Mike. First some asshole nit-picks his grammer, then he takes a heap of abuse for keeping "secrets" (read: confidential work product) and has people questiong the the value he puts on his work. I too have been the recipient of a lot of freebees from waldo- info, photos, answers to questions, and I have his buffer in my guitar. Damn right there's a hierarchy on this board and Mike's at or near the top- and he didn't get there by his good looks... :lol:

Some days I'm sure he has to wonder if it's all worth it....
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby mgbills » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:25 am

And I fail to see how restating the facts as I observed them is sucking up. But Hippieguy...you're entitled to your view.

My goal is the long game. The proliferation of knowledge, and to enhance my personal playing experience. I wish we could all check our egos at the door, but that seems impossible. And I know I'm guilty as well.

I have no problems being percieved as a "suck up" I guess. My long game requires that I treat people with respect while attempting to move along in the world. And I sincerely try to not leave a trail of dog shit for others to step in. It invariably will get thrown in the back of my '87 Toyota pickup.

Peace
M
"Hi Ho...the Carrion Crow...FoldeRoldeRiddle"
mgbills

Postby Jon S. » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:48 am

[I decided to edit my post to just this pic - it's worth a thousand words anyway :oops: :lol: ] ...

Last edited by Jon S. on Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Postby waldo041 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:17 am

What this hijacked thread needs is a good theme song.

~waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby TI4-1009 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:03 am

Jon S. wrote:I decided to edit my post to just this pic - it's worth a thousand words anyway :oops: :lol:

Alright "touche", but-

You'll be hearing from my lawyer, Jon. In this state it's illegal to hide a camera in someone's home without their permission...
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby seamones » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:05 am

waldo041 wrote:What this hijacked thread needs is a good theme song.

~waldo

My first and only Comes A Time. Solid show overall. Roses -> Dire Wolf was unexpected. One of my fav West La Fadeways.

The Good Lovin and JBG was a rocking ending.......
seamones
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby Jon S. » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:35 am

This threads not pinin'! It's passed on! This thread is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! It's stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If someone hadn't posted it here it'd be pushing up the daisies! It's metabolic processes are now 'istory! It's off the twig! It's kicked the bucket, it's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

THIS IS AN EX-THREAD!!
"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Postby tcsned » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:53 pm

Jon S. wrote:This threads not pinin'! It's passed on! This thread is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! It's stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If someone hadn't posted it here it'd be pushing up the daisies! It's metabolic processes are now 'istory! It's off the twig! It's kicked the bucket, it's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

THIS IS AN EX-THREAD!!

No, no sir, it's not dead. It's resting.
tcsned

Postby CountryMile Cadillac » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:40 am

Sorry to resuscitate (<---figurative use of the word? not necessarily or maybe...) this post, but i think it adds nicely to the absurdity of the argument

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7E-aoXLZGY

...me, ya see, I am a dumb ass in both the literal and figurative sense... I cannot get the video to embed
"Think I'll come back here again,
Every now and then from time to time"
CountryMile Cadillac
Jerry
Jerry

Previous

Return to Garage Sale