SOLD Philtone/Warmoth Jerrycaster

Sell and buy at your own risk...

SOLD Philtone/Warmoth Jerrycaster

Postby Jon S. » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:26 am

Primo parts throughout, customized and assembled by renowned Baltimore luthier Phil Jacoby, finished by ex-PRS craftsman Chris Bavaria, and best of all - no up to a year or more wait!

This guitar is an awesomely built, stunning head-turner that sounds and plays even better than it looks! Though there is some natural oxidation on the brass parts, if there’s a scratch on the wood, I can’t find it. Price the parts and by-hand work yourself to appreciate what a deal this axe is. I’m selling it now only because Jacoby has since built me a second Jerrycaster totally by hand and that’s the only Jerry guitar I play now.

ooo

Specs:

- Warmoth WGD body, Malagasy rosewood top on ribboned mahogany w/maple pinstripe, rear Jacoby-cut custom Indian rosewood shielded backplate, Dunlop straplocks, gold jack plate

- Warmoth Pro angled neck with Jacoby-installed ebony cap, Brazilian rosewood fingerboard, custom-shaped headstock based on Doug Irwin’s Garcia guitars, rolled fretboard edges, 6150 true jumbo frets, custom-cut 1 11/16” brass nut, brass truss rod cover, comfortable 10-16” compound radius, original ’59 Roundback carve shaved-down-a-bit-by-Jacoby to perhaps a tad thicker now than a PRS wide-thin , Sperzel gold 3+3 Trimlok locking tuners

- bridge Dimarzio Super Distortion PUP, middle and neck Dimarzio Super 2’s w/brass 3-pickup ring

- Jack of Roses custom brass Irwin-style stoptail with Tone Pros Tune-A-Matic bridge

- on-board unity gain buffer (it's either a CAE CB1 or Wald Electronics unit, both are great, I have them in multiple guitars, I frankly can't recall now which is in this one :oops: ) w/internal, long-lasting, standard 9V battery

- Garcia-style on board effects loop (OBEL) w/dual jack outputs (1st = post-buffer/pre-guitar controls stereo effect loop in/out; 2nd = traditional post-controls mono out from guitar to amp; using the mono jack alone defeats the OBEL so the guitar is usable in any setting)

- 5 way switch with middle position being neck and bridge PUPs in parallel (LP middle position)

- volume and tone controls; pulling up tone control gives middle PUP alone (set the guitar Garcia style with the tone control up, pop it down for a full range of other tones)

- 3-way minitoggles for each PUP: split; full HB; both coils in parallel

- control cavity fully paint-shielded with metal foil on control backplate

- all custom work and electrical settings and wiring by Phil Jacoby personally using top shelf components like CTS posts and Switchcraft switches

- weight: approximately 8 ½ lbs. (using my admittedly inexact floor scale so consider this ballpark); and the guitar is set up to perfection

- Jackomo stickers for headstock, fretboard, and body (Rosebud) inlays (authentic-looking, high quality, long-lasting – I’ve never needed to replace them but if you do, they’re readily available and reasonably priced – the best of in class for these sticker types – easily added, easily removed)

- Coffin brand hard shell case included

Image (outdoors)

Image (outdoors)

Image (outdoors)
Last edited by Jon S. on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Re: Custom Philtone/Warmoth Tiger/Rosebud-style “Jerrycaster

Postby Jon S. » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:19 pm

Offers being considered but at present still available. Meanwhile, a few more pix ...

"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Re: Custom Philtone/Warmoth Tiger/Rosebud-style “Jerrycaster

Postby Jon S. » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:48 am

SOLD
Jon S.

Return to Garage Sale