Hartman Envelope Filter & Mark Karan

Chat about Equipment Info

Re: Hartman Envelope Filter & Mark Karan

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:25 am

jahozer wrote:Not sure why everyone has problems with the qtron. I have used the min-Qtron and now a micro-Qtron. The mini was huge, and after about 5 years or so, it started loosing oomph, or thats what I thought anyway. I dunno, 5 years out of an 80 dollar pedal that sounds almost exactly a 3-600 one is pretty good for me.

I get what I think is dead on with it. It doesnt happen all the time, and the sweet spot between how hot my guitar signal vs. the drive setting on the pedal can be somewhat elusive, but thats endemic to the nature of envelope filters being dynamically controlled.

I opted for the mini and micro over the + because, I really dont want to tweak a bunch of settings during a gig. I dont really care if I dont get the reverse phase sound from Dancin 77.

For 80 bucks, it is very realistic, organic and greasy sounding.

You are ' Dead " on !
:-)
Tennessee Jedi

Postby hippieguy1954 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:44 am

I've tried almost all of them including the MuIII and the best to my ears is the 3 leaf Proton.
First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Postby Chuckles » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:53 pm

Having gigged with it a few times now and having had the chance to dial it in in the context of the band, I really like the Hartman... much more so than the Emma, of which I was a devout worshiper. Much more organic and touch sensitive; very happy with it!
Seems like I've been here before...

The Road's Facebook Page (including links to tunage) is here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Road/ ... 200?ref=nf
Chuckles

Postby jmfranc » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:08 pm

jmfranc wrote:Don't mean to spam but I won this Hartman Envelope pedal from a charity auction. I will not be using it and I've never even plugged it in. Buy it now for $225 - it's less than than the charity auction final and much less than retail. Here's the listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hartman-Envelope-Fi ... 4aaa87630a

This ends tomorrow FYI. It's probably only going to go for $200

Sorry to spam - I wanted to help out the charity but I need to move this pedal
jmfranc
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby deadguise » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:52 pm

Has anybody tried this? http://www.zzounds.com/item--MODMTFF

I had my Q-tron dialed in for my Fender Twin Reverb Custom (1-15" speaker) but now I have to redial it in for the SMS Classic JGmod. I'm still trying to find the sweet spot....

maybe my Qtron is crapping out??? I think these things have a shelf life because this is my second one...
deadguise

Postby jmfranc » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:40 pm

jmfranc wrote:
jmfranc wrote:Don't mean to spam but I won this Hartman Envelope pedal from a charity auction. I will not be using it and I've never even plugged it in. Buy it now for $225 - it's less than than the charity auction final and much less than retail. Here's the listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hartman-Envelope-Fi ... 4aaa87630a

This ends tomorrow FYI. It's probably only going to go for $200

Sorry to spam - I wanted to help out the charity but I need to move this pedal

Didn't sell. If anyone wants it please make an offer. Thank you!
jmfranc
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby aiq » Tue May 31, 2011 6:34 am

Got the Hartman EF and Sarno Earth Drive and put them in the chain yesterday. Great results, the ED can be creamy or crunchy and once I got the HEF dialed in a very nice quack.

Also, Dunlop has some Adamas picks, ordered 4 dozen.
aiq
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby proshy » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:40 pm

Hello!

Hey just got the hartman envelope filter (AWESOME birthday present) a few days ago and have had some time to tweak the knobs a bit. This thing is awesome!

I've tried a few envelope filters to get an idea on what to expect and here is my opinion on it:
Envelope filters are (like most pedals) instruments in themselves. They require practice and discipline and you get better at them the longer you play with them. It gets tricky when you have a pre-conceived expectation for what the pedal should sound like. My knowledge of jerry's mutron sound made me incredibly picky when it came to which envelope filter i wanted to invest in. I wanted to sound just like him. I tried the q-tron mini, the q-tron plus, the AF-9, and even a bass envelope filter, and each of these pedals did a great job at what they did...but for me they either got one tone right but not the other or came kinda close... Its also important to note that jerry's tone came from the envelope filter partly, but was primarily his style/attack/sensitivity/guitar/pickups/amp/equalizer settings/volume..all of which can effect (no pun intended) the pedal's sound.

With all that in mind..the hartman is the closest thing i can hear to mimicking the sounds of the mutron, when I play it.

In the next few days i plan on trying to make a demo video for all of ya... there isn't much out there for the pedal as far as demos go..
Mr. Paul
proshy
TC
TC

Postby vwjodyme » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:22 pm

Ha! I just got the new musician friend and saw the mark Karan envelope filter... got excited to see a GD related item in a catalog...of course it's already been discussed here :lol:
vwjodyme

Postby ronnielongball » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:22 am

Have one and absolutely love it!
ronnielongball
Vince
Vince

Previous

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion