In Praise of the Search Function

Chat about Equipment Info

In Praise of the Search Function

Postby TI4-1009 » Wed May 29, 2013 7:17 am

I was looking for Mutron info yesterday. Normally I'd just start leafing back through the Jerry Tone or General folders until I ran into something, or I'd do a search and look at the recent posts.

This time I searched for Mutron and got like 1200 posts, 80-some pages (yikes!), and for kicks I started with the oldest (around 2006-2008). I was blown away with the quality information that's buried back in our old stuff! Many posters who have moved on, some current posters who have learned a lot since then, some who knew a lot then and much more now- but lots of useful information. I learned how to build my own Mutron clone (thanks for the link Waldo!).

I know it's sometimes frustrating to separate the wheat from the chaff here, but as they say, "it's the journey, not the destination"- there is a ton of stuff here for us to learn from! Thanks guys.

Wheat/Chaff Tip: Look at the name of the thread the post is from over on the right-hand side of the condensed post result in the search.
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Re: In Praise of the Search Function

Postby aiq » Wed May 29, 2013 12:12 pm

This is so true. When I first came here I spent hours reading the Jerry guitar threads. Found out about Andrew Olson who would subsequently did an SG for me and now another one.

Super site.
aiq
Mickey
Mickey

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion