Help with my jerrycaster...

Help with my jerrycaster...

Postby Tony6Strings » Sat May 25, 2013 9:09 pm

I've got an Ibanez Roadstar II strat type that I want to turn into a jerrycaster. It will be a bare bones type of build, no obel or anything. I'm going to wire it like a strat, except with only one tone and with three mini toggles to split the pickups. I've got a Super Distortion (going in the midde) and a PAF(neck, both early vintage I'm guessing late 70's) and can hunt down another SD for the bridge. The body of the guitar has already been routed with a swimming pool style route. Basically all I'm missing is a pickguard. That's where I'm at a loss. How am I supposed to find a pickguard for this thing that will fit three humbuckers? What are my options? I think I recall reading on one of the threads that you can take a SD and basically half it, ending up with two single coils. I'd rather keep my pickups whole and figure out something for a pickguard, but I'm not ruling it out entirely. Any suggestions?
"Why do the best things always disappear, like Ophelia?"
Tony6Strings
Brent
Brent

Re: Help with my jerrycaster...

Postby Jon S. » Sun May 26, 2013 6:19 am

Call for an quote on a custom guard from your drawing/template.

http://www.pickguardian.com/pickguardian/
"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Re: Help with my jerrycaster...

Postby PaulJay » Sun May 26, 2013 11:38 am

Check out Warmoth they do it. Just fill out the specs online . i think they are 25 bucks. I am doing the single with 2 Hums. ,Paul
PaulJay
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Return to Jerry Tone